Tom Turkey Cheese Board
A delicious Tom Turkey Cheese Board with fresh veggies, crackers, and Cabot Cheese. Perfect for a kid’s snack try for the holidays! This post is sponsored by Cabot Cheese.
Friends, just in time for Thanksgiving and a fun, EASY board to make with your kids, this adorable Cabot Cheese Tom Turkey Board!
Tom Turkey Cheese Board
That’s right, it’s easy. Some holiday boards can be more of a craft or lengthy project, but this one is simple! All kids (big and small) love crudités for Thanksgiving, with your favorite dipping sauces!
And have you tried Cabot Cheese?
How to make a cheese board
Put together this delightful Mr. Tom Turkey, making it ahead (and popping it in the fridge). If you don’t want a design, make this Holiday Kid-Friendly Charcuterie Board.
We made this on my 20-inch board. Friends, if you haven’t used my boards yet, they are superior for projects like this, because they have a lip around them.
The food does NOT fall off, and the boards are food safe! Buy The Big Board today, while they are in stock or the holidays!
Ingredients for a Turkey Cheese Board
- 2 packages of Cabot Cheese, Simply Sharp and 1 year Cheddar Cheese
- Ritz crackers
- Persian cucumbers
- Carrot & celery sticks
- Salami cheese mozzarella sticks
- Prosciutto cheese mozzarella sticks
- Large olives
- Salami slices
- Broccoli florets
- Raw almonds
- Dried cranberries
- Cranberry jalapeno dip
- Ranch dressing
- Fresh rosemary and sage
- Candy eyes
Eat Cabot Cheese
Cabot cheeses are made with love and pride in Cabot and Middlebury, Vermont and Chateaugay, New York. They use the finest, freshest milk from their 800 farm family owners! There are so many amazing flavors, we have many favorites:) We love their deli bars, and the sharp cheddar bite of Cabot’s Simply Sharp Cheddar Cheese. It’s aged a minimum of 9 months for bold flavor, with a creamy texture.
And this is what I love about making a board. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
When we started making it, we were laying down each piece ever so perfectly next to one another, and we realized it was taking too much time.
Kids don’t have that kind of patience.
So instead of perfectly laid feathers (the carrots, cucumbers, celery, and cheese sticks) – take a handful and just lay them down.
Then you can add a slice of Cabot Cheese for a nice finishing touch.
How to make a “Tom Turkey” out of cheese
Taking two 8 oz packages of Cabot Cheese (what’s your favorite flavor?), follow the directions below, cutting into wedges.
We used white and yellow cheese.
Remember with a cheese board, there are no hard rules. Last year we made this Thanksgiving Turkey Board by the BakerMama!
Make it fun and EASY, and use good cheese!
It’s to be enjoyed and devoured by all.
Friends, The Big Board® is here! Yes, I’ve partnered with JK Adams, the premier woodmaking company in Vermont, with my own line of RE boards!
- 20-inch round, maple
- 26-inch round, maple
- 12 x 36-inch maple
- NEW 12 x 24-inch maple
- 23-inch Lazy Susan
- 26-inch ebonized BLACK, cherry
- 12 x 36-inch ebonized BLACK, cherry
- A board with a lip (or raised edged) so the food doesn’t fall off
- FOOD SAFE
- Made in the USA
- Undercut handles (a unique design)
Thank you for your support, as we’ve sold out so many times already!
Order The Big Board® today!
Get the Recipe:
Tom Turkey Cheese Board
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers
- 8 oz Cabot Simply Sharp Cheese, cut in 3 triangles
- 4 oz Cabot 1 year Cheddar Cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 Persian cucumbers, sliced lengthwise
- 8-10 carrot sticks
- 6-8 celery sticks
- 4 oz salami cheese mozzarella sticks
- 4 oz prosciutto cheese mozzarella sticks
- 1 can large olives, drained
- 8 oz salami slices, folded in half
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup cranberry jalapeno dip
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- Fresh rosemary and sage, garnish
- Edible eyes
MAKE THE FEATHERS:
- Around the upper edge of the board, fill a half circle of mixed salami and prosciutto cheese sticks, carrot sticks, and celery, alternating between Persian cucumbers. On top of the Persian cucumber slices, place a slice of 1 Year Yellow Cabot Cheese.
MAKE THE BODY & FACE:
- Next, layer the folded salami, olives, and broccoli.
- Taking an 8 oz package of Simply Sharp Cabot Cheese, slice it diagonally. Set one of the pieces toward the bottom of a round board. Slice the other half in halves, placing flat ends against each other, point side down above the other piece of cheese (see photo) to make the face and body. Place 2 edible eyes on upper cheese, with a small carrot stick for nose. Next to the body, place 2 slices of yellow cheese.
- Around the body, fill in open area with almonds.
MAKE THE FEET:
- On the bottom inside of the board, fan out a half circle row of Ritz crackers.
- Place sage and rosemary sprigs under the bottom triangle of cheese for the feet.
- Place 2 small bowls of ranch dressing and cranberry jalapeno dip on either side of where the row of Ritz crackers starts.
- Fill in open areas on bottom of board with dried cranberries.