Zucchini Burrata Chicken Salad
Serve Grilled Zucchini Burrata Chicken Salad–a burrata cheese recipe–with crusty bread with a side of strawberry reduction and fresh herbs.
In a season getting back into a routine from summer, back-to-school, busy schedules … don’t forget about end of summer produce and grilling!
Zucchini Burrata Chicken Salad
For this recipe today, we grilled zucchini, and served it with burrata and chicken, to make this scrumptious Grilled Zucchini Burrata Chicken Salad. If you saw my Strawberry Shallot Balsamic Reduction recipe yesterday, this is delicious paired with this salad. Perfect for the weekend!
Grilled zucchini salad with burrata
This simple, yet impressive, salad uses delicious summer zucchini. You can substitute any summer veggie you like—asparagus and green beans would also be delicious!
So good, all you need are these ingredients:
- Large zucchini
- Olive oil + salt and pepper
- Grilled chicken breasts
- Burrata balls
- Basil or other herb for a garnish
- Strawberry Shallot Balsamic Reduction (or favorite dressing)
How to grill zucchini
- Grilling is a beautiful thing. It doesn’t heat your house, and it gives your food a smoky flavor that no oven or stovetop can. It’s important to make sure your grates are clean before the bread and zucchini are added, to ensure they do not stick.
- Increase heat to high.
- In a large bowl, drizzle zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands, then immediately place on the grill. Cook for a couple of minutes each side.
- Remove and set aside.
How To Grill The Bread
We could eat this Grilled Zucchini Chicken Salad all summer long.
Pair it with a cold glass of sauvignon blanc and a warm piece of crusty bread.
Brush your bread with olive oil or butter, then place on the grill until toasted and slightly charred.
Protein to add to the Grilled Zucchini Burrata Chicken Salad
This salad also works nicely as a side dish to meat! Serve it with:
- Grilled chicken
- Salmon or favorite fish
Optional salad dressings
For a dressing, I used my Strawberry Shallot Balsamic Reduction recipe, but you can also use a simple Lemon Balsamic Dressing Recipe, or even something more Asian-inspired, like a sesame miso vinaigrette. The crusty bread is a delicious addition, and an essential ingredient for soaking up excess oil and dressing.
Lastly, how do you assemble the salad?
- On a medium platter, arrange zucchini, bread, chicken, and burrata. Optional to double or triple the recipe and serve on the 20-inch BIG BOARD.
- Open the cheese with a knife, spreading it out a bit, and drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with basil or other herbs, and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Pour your dressing of choice over the salad and serve immediately!
Get the Recipe:
Grilled Zucchini Burrata Chicken Salad
- 1 small crusty baguette, sliced in half lengthwise, cut into 2-3’’ segments
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 1/2’’-2’’ slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced and warm
- 2 2 oz burrata balls
- ¼ c toasted walnuts, optional
- Crusty baguette, grilled
- Basil or other herb to garnish
- Strawberry Shallot Balsamic Reduction, optional
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush bread with olive oil or butter, then place on the grill until toasted and slightly charred, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Increase heat to high. In a large bowl, drizzle zucchini with 2 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands, then immediately place on the grill. Cook 1-2 minutes each side. Remove and set aside.
- On a medium platter or small board, arrange zucchini, bread, chicken, and burrata. Open the cheese with a knife, and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with basil or other herbs, sprinkle with walnuts, then pour dressing of choice over the salad and serve immediately.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...