Words with Friends and Winter Breakfast Casserole

Frit-tata is one of those words I always misspell when blogging.

Is it Fritatta or Frittata? Well, thank goodness for “word-check” in Word.

For some unknown reason, it’s just like the words definitely, commitment, and absolutely. Do you ever misspell the same words over and over? When will I ever spell them right (sigh)?

Words with Friends (iPhone APP) has made me somewhat of a better speller. I always have a few games going on my phone, for when I’m waiting in the gas line, in the car for one of my kids, or just want to take a few minutes to touch base with friends like Pam, Cindy, my brother-in-law, nephew, sister, my running partner’s daughter in college.

It’s a fun way to stay connected to a friend, and keep up on your spelling!

So, back to FRIT-TATA … I want to share a yummy recipe I made a few weeks ago for my family. I basically followed a simple Frittata recipe and turned it into a breakfast casserole for the next morning.

It was perfect for serving on a cold winter’s morn.

The beauty of breakfast casseroles is that you prepare them the day before and pull them out of the fridge the morning you are ready to bake.

I usually make 2, because they are excellent as leftovers.

Serve for a big crowd.

It’s just that simple. :)

Are you a recipe reviser?
What word do you frequently mispell?

8 Responses to “Words with Friends and Winter Breakfast Casserole”

Tara G. — March 8, 2012 @ 2:07 am

I just misspelled one the other day and I can’t remember what it is! Yes, I revise because I have to for a family member’s allergies as well as what I can find on the economy here! That casserole looks absolutely delicious!!

Heather @ new house, new home, new life — March 8, 2012 @ 6:32 am

I always misspell “definitely” – been doing it for years and it’s only been in the last month or so that spellcheck has kicked in and I’m doing it properly.

And yes, I’m a recipe reviser – taking basics and adding things all the time or tweaking it to what I have in the fridge.

Marie at the Lazy W — March 8, 2012 @ 6:33 am

A. What a great looking recipe, and so versatile! Thank you. We may try it this weekend.
    B. Your words dilemma cracks me up. Two perennially tough ones for me are “vacuum” and “broccoli.”
    C. I totally gave up on Words With Friends, for shameful vanity reasons. My friends thought I would be really good at it and I am just not. Lost like 23 consecutive games., including those played against kids and teens. LOL
    Have a wonderful day, Sandy!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — March 8, 2012 @ 8:57 am

That looks like my kind of breakfast! I always misspell definitely, and the bad part is I use it all the time!

Cathy @ Noble Pig — March 8, 2012 @ 2:43 pm

I love the “clean out the fridge” option….great idea!!

Heather :) :) :) — March 8, 2012 @ 7:39 pm

I”m more of a “just try to make the recipe…period” kind of girl :) :) After that, when I know that I can make a particular dish without fail, than I’ll try and tweak it more to my tastes :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Kirstin — March 9, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

YUm! I love to play words with friends and wordfeud…I am terrible at spelling Definitely too (C:

1. Pingback: Swapping 9x13's with Overnight Breakfast Casserole | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening