Bloody Mary Tomatoes 4th of July Appetizer

One thing that’s great about making appetizers is that most of the time, they can be really easy to make, but also tasty at the same time!

Here’s an easy way to take an ordinary cherry tomato, and turn it into a bite of pure deliciousness!

I’ve written about Trader Joe’s Corn Chili salsa many times on my blog, but here’s a fun recipe to make for the 4th of July.

You can put it out on a big platter, or you can make individual bites, with just one tomato!

- Goat Cheese
– Trader Joe’s Corn Chili salsa
– Bloody Mary Roasted Tomatoes
– Crackers or chips
– Salami

They are tasty little bites of goodness.

What’s your favorite way to roast a tomato?

9 Responses to “Bloody Mary Tomatoes 4th of July Appetizer”

Emma — June 28, 2012 @ 7:26 am

I like to roast big tomatoes by peeling and removing the seeds. Just chop and add a little olive oil, garlic and basil toast for a couple of hours and then serve over pasta. I like that you use the little tomatoes as an appetizer. Although I thought there might be a little vodka involved:-)

Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 28, 2012 @ 7:55 am

Ohhhhhh my word DONE.

Heather @ new house, new home, new life — June 28, 2012 @ 8:07 am

I like to roast my tomatoes with some VOO and balsamic vinegar. I love making little kabobs with cherry tomatoes, bocconini mozzerella and fresh basil leaves grilled just for a couple of minutes then drizzled with balsamic and VOO – always a hit on a summer evening.

Aggie — June 28, 2012 @ 12:49 pm

What a cool way to serve tomatoes Sandy!! I love the flavor of bloody Mary’s, these are awesome!

Cassie — June 28, 2012 @ 12:54 pm

These are beyond stunning Sandy! So brilliant.

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — June 29, 2012 @ 7:51 am

I can’t wait for my tomato plants to start producing, this is simply gorgeous!

marly — July 5, 2012 @ 6:36 am

These tomatoes look incredible. They’d be great on a salad! Can’t wait to try ‘em!

Jill — July 25, 2013 @ 11:27 am

I wish that you would post this recipe on foodgawker.com

1. Pingback: 8 simple steps to planning a 4th of July party | Simple Mom