Fresh Hot Jalapeños Poppers Recipe for Super Bowl Sunday

Fresh Hot Jalapeños Poppers are little bites of BIG flavor.

Last Sunday we hosted a football party, which was sort of like a mini Super Bowl Party! I can’t wait to share more yummy recipes with you–BIG-hit recipes–for the Super Bowl coming up on February 3rd. Also, stay tuned for a $100 Coca Cola prize pack giveaway next week on RE!

My friend Natalie is a bigger-than-life person (personality, upbeat, uplifting, encouraging), and I sort of look up to her as my mentor for football food.

She and her husband are the ones that usually host the FB parties, so they are the experts, in my mind. She has all the best recipes memorized – and knows what all the guys like. (Remember, we’re a soccer family?) :)

Like this recipe I’m sharing today. Natalie rattled off the recipe so quickly, there’s no way I could remember it, so I resorted to a quick email from her for the Fresh Hot Poppers.

They are so delicious, I guarantee they will get eaten quickly.

I can’t wait to try them for the real Super Bowl party, coming up soon!

There’s one thing to remember with this recipe: Jalapeños can be unpredictable in their hotness, so watch out!

Oh, and that this recipe is awesome served either hot or cold! Love that.

Will you be hosting a Super Bowl Party this year?

15 Responses to “Fresh Hot Jalapeños Poppers Recipe for Super Bowl Sunday”

Kristina — January 24, 2013 @ 6:23 am

I love jalapenos.
    I love jalapenos stuffed with things.
    I love football.
    (I may love the party more).
    Natalie sounds like fun.

we ARE having a Superbowl party here, we always do! I already have most of the food planned… and then there are always last minute things I find that I MUST add – this is one of those things…

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife — January 24, 2013 @ 8:57 am

These look just perfect!

Gina — January 24, 2013 @ 11:35 am

Thanks for sharing! These sound delicious. My husband and I will be hosting a Super Bowl party so the timing is perfect. I’m also making your Bush’s Black Bean/pineapple salsa…..love it!

KIRSTIN — January 24, 2013 @ 11:41 am

These sound yummy! We usually attend the super bowl party at the home of some great friends of ours. I’m bringing my mexican hot layered dip and texas caviar!

Kim in MD — January 24, 2013 @ 11:53 am

My family is definitely celebrating our Baltimore Ravens making it to the Superbowl this year! We love jalapeno poppers, and we made them for the Championship game last weekend! You are right about the heat level not being predictable. I think the smaller they are the hotter they are, because the jalapenos I used last weekend were huge and they we not hot at all. Your friend Natalie sounds like so much fun! Have fun at your SB party! Go Ravens! :-)

cathy @ noble pig — January 24, 2013 @ 4:01 pm

Wow! I want to be at your party!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — January 24, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Drooling over these! We love jalapeno poppers…perfect football food!!

Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — January 24, 2013 @ 10:23 pm

We ARE hosting and these little beauties need to be on the menu!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — January 25, 2013 @ 7:33 am

I KNOW these poppers would be excellent – the recipe is very similar to some that we make. Yummo! We are not hosting this year, as we have been invited to some friends for a little pre-game fun playing broomball on the lake in their backyard – too much fun!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — January 25, 2013 @ 11:19 am

Love the addition of sausage — must try these!

Angie — January 29, 2013 @ 11:49 am

I know Ill be making jalapeno poppers this Sunday, can’t wait to try them with sausage!

jack great — January 30, 2013 @ 10:53 pm

Yummy delicious cream cheese !!!!!! i simply loved it.

Lauren — January 31, 2013 @ 8:09 am

This recipe sounds great! How long do you think I could let the jalapenos & topping sit in a refrigerator before putting them in the oven?

buy poppers new zealand — August 18, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

Oh god these look fabulous- I know I would love them! Well beaten egg whites are the key for fluffy pancakes! I’m not surprised that the ricotta added to the texture as I’m always pleasantly surprised when I add cottage cheese to pancake batter!

1. Pingback: 100 Best Super Bowl Party Recipes | the little kitchen