BEST BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
BEST BLT Pasta Salad recipe for any picnic, lunch, dinner, made with favorite pasta, bacon, peas, dill, and tomatoes, and a creamy dressing!
Today we’re sharing a delicious BLT Pasta Salad Recipe. And do you love fresh English peas like we do? This recipe is perfect for spring or summer, any game day or family gathering. And the best for Easter!
Bacon and tomato are just a few of the things inside this BLT Pasta Salad! It’s like the classic sandwich (without the lettuce) but with a few special changes. Add a delicious dressing that makes it all taste fresh and delicious! If you love a “good BLT,” you may also really enjoy this Cake Pan Layered Salad recipe – so good!
Best BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
This salad is made with fresh ingredients: Your favorite pasta (we love Orecchiette), bacon, peas, dill, and tomatoes, and a creamy dressing!
A pasta salad is always a hit at every party! I’m always asked to bring a salad to a barbecue or gathering, and this recipe is one of my go-to’s. The flavors are amazing!
Oh, and give this Bowtie Italian Pasta Salad in Jars recipe a try if you love “farfalle” pasta, and enjoy a fun “salad board” to create for a party!
Easy ingredients for BLT pasta salad
The secret is in the sauce (dressing), right? I love that this pasta recipe has fresh lemon juice.
Add in the freshest ingredients that mingle well with bacon. For me, it’s English peas and avocados and fresh dill.
- Orecchiette whole wheat pasta, or small shells or bow tie – we use DeLallo
- Garlic powder
- White pepper
- Fresh dill
- Cherry tomatoes
- English peas – we buy at Trader Joe’s
How to make pasta salad
Start off with your favorite pasta. I love to use Orecchiette, as I just love the way it looks and tastes in a salad, but you can also use bowtie pasta. We love whole wheat pasta (DeLallo brand) which has a nutty, amazing flavor.
Print the full recipe below!
- Cook the bacon until crisp; set aside on a paper towel.
- Crumble the bacon when cooled.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; strain and cool. TIP: Always use salt in the water (never oil).
- Make the yummy dressing–add the mayonnaise, lemon, salt, garlic powder, pepper and 1 tablespoon dill.
- Combine the cooled pasta, tomatoes, and peas.
- Add the dressing and mix.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add in avocados right before serving (to not get mushy).
- Garnish with remaining fresh dill, and serve!
Celebrating life together
There’s nothing quite like eating and celebrating life together, in fact, you only need to think about these 3 things: The people, the food, and the way you want to serve the food.
We all need to eat, so food is a great reason why we come together.
Like a table covered in sumptuous, homemade food, I simply don’t know what to savor first. There are endless variations of flavor and texture. And like any real meal, it’s meant to be shared. It’s meant to give us reasons to come together and celebrate for years to come. –Roy Goble
A lovely reminder of a spring evening popped into my head this week. The guests arrived, everyone brought a dish, a bottle of wine, and within minutes we were mingling, catching up, introducing, sharing, and then sitting (for hours).
Oh, and don’t get caught in the weeds of hospitalty versus entertaining, just focus on the people and a style that works for you!
Both words have tremendous meaning.
Happy hosting! (Come back and tell me who you made happy with this salad! :))
More pasta salads to try:
Summer Italian Spaghetti Salad Recipe
Strawberry Salad with Gorgonzola, Walnuts and Mint
Get the Recipe:
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into one inch pieces
- 16 oz. Orecchiette whole wheat pasta, or small shells or bow tie – I use DeLallo
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados pitted, cut into chunks
- 10 oz. fresh English peas, cooked and drained (I buy at Trader Joe's)
- Cook the bacon until crisp; set aside on a paper towel. Crumble when cooled.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; strain and cool. Always use salt in the water (never oil).
- In a small bowl, make the dressing--add the mayonnaise, lemon, salt, garlic powder, pepper and 1 tablespoon dill.
- In a large bowl, add the cooled pasta, tomatoes, and peas. Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing to the mixture; toss gently and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add in avocados right before serving (to not get mushy). Garnish with remaining fresh dill, and serve!
I’m crazy about pasta salads… and the flavors in this one are the BEST!! This is defs making an appearance at my house!
This salad looks amazing!?