FABULOUS Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
Make this fabulous Greek Pasta Salad ahead of time and refrigerate up to 24 hours for delicious flavor. Excellent to bring to a potluck or a summer party! WATCH THE VIDEO!
Friends, I want to share a little something that has made my life better. It may sound small, but it’s worth telling you about. Well, plus this fabulous Greek Pasta Salad Recipe, made with the freshest ingredients. Delicious served with this Cashew Pesto Willd Alaska Salmon!
Greek Pasta Salad
I love this Greek Pasta Salad recipe for any summer gathering, because it just tastes like … summer!
The best moments in life … when you are with the people you love, and delicious summer food.
I feel so often my days are full of schedules, to-do lists, and errands, and I really want to slow down.
One thing I’ve started doing for awhile now, is when I go to the grocery store, I find a person who looks like they could use my help. I know, for the introvert, you’re already saying, no way! But truly, it’s not that hard. (I am an extrovert, by the way, so I know this may be easier for me.)
Can I help you with that? Or, can I carry that for you? Or, can I help you find something?
Here’s what I’ve learned about myself with this tiny, bitty, act of kindness.
Even when I’m in a hurry, it makes me slow down.
It makes me think of others more than myself.
I’m actually helping someone.
Better yet, when you strike up conversation, it gives you room to get to know the other person, even for a few minutes.
Guess what? I was in Fred Meyer yesterday, and I ran into a lady that I had helped the previous week. I was surprised, and so was she. Really cute, we striked up a conversation and it was like we were long-lost friends.
Looking for an opportunity
I need help in slowing down. I start my day with praying for this, and I’m getting better at “listening.”
And then doing it. Looking for an opportunity.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
Today I’m sharing a delicious Greek Pasta Salad that my friend Laurel made. I call her the “salad queen.” You may have seen it served, here, with Macadamia Lime Baked Salad.
Play with the ingredients and adjust according to preference. Fresh herbs always make this salad the best!
We also enjoyed hot crunchy bread, and a glass of wine.
Oh, and with our husbands, and with mutual friends we share who live up in Portland.
A quaint little dinner party for 6.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 16 oz dry penne or rotini pasta, I use DeLallo
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 English cucumber, diced, seeded (peeled or unpeeled)
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups pitted Kalamata olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup pepperoncinis, chopped
- 8 oz good quality feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Coarse ground black pepper
- For the dressing: 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- Pinch of sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water, and drain again; set aside. In a large bowl, add tomatoes, cucumber, olives, onions, pepperoncinis, feta cheese, and fresh basil. Gently toss together.
- Place the red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper, fresh basil, lemon juice, garlic, and sugar in a jar with lid, and shake well to mix.
- Drizzle dressing over pasta; toss to coat. If you need to, add more olive oil. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, toss the pasta salad again, garnish with fresh pepper and basil, and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
More “Greek” summer recipes: Easy Greek Chicken Kebab Recipe [FoodieCrush], Instant Pot Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowls [Kalyn’s Kitchen], and Greek Zucchini Salad [Fifteen Spatulas].
reposted from April 2016
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.