Dill Pickle Soup Recipe
Dill Pickle Soup Recipe is a potluck, soup night, and game day dish made with cheese, for the best and easy cheeseburger soup recipe!
Today we’re sharing a Cheeseburger Dill Pickle Soup Recipe, for easy causal hosting! Dill Pickle soup recipes have been around for a long time. There are Polish Dill Pickle soup recipes and and creamy base recipes. For this recipe we’re add the “ground beef and cheese” to make a Cheeseburger style!
Why we love this recipe
- It’s easy and delish!
- This dish is the first at every party to be devoured.
- Soup is a “hit” at every game day party.
- You’d be surprised at how many dill pickle fans there are out there, who love this soup (including me)!
Ingredients for Cheeseburger Dill Pickle Soup
- Ground beef + olive oil
- Garlic powder + onion powder
- Kosher salt + pepper
- Dried parsley flakes
- Yellow mustard + red pepper flakes
- Pomodoro Fresco Sauce, Tomato Basil (or your favorite flavor)
- Beef broth
- Diced tomatoes
- Whole Wheat Pasta Elbows
- Dill pickles
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish: Shredded cheese, sour cream, diced pickles
How do you make a dill pickle soup?
- Cook the ground beef. Saute diced onion; cook, adding spices, dried parsley, yellow mustard, and red pepper flakes; stir. (You can totally omit red pepper flakes, or add more if you like a spicy soup!)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. (Undercook the pasta 1-2 minutes, el dente).
- Mix together with red sauce, beef broth, diced tomatoes (undrained), cooked pasta, pickles, and cheese. Cook for a few more minutes and serve. (Optional: you can add in the pickle juice if you want more pickle flavor.)
- Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, and diced pickles.
- Serve to your favorite people!
What do you serve cheeseburger dill pickle soup?
We love to serve this soup at a party. Here are a few other menu ideas to serve with this recipe:
Tips and substitutions:
Swap out the macraoni elbow pasta for your favorite pasta. Almost any kind of “small” pasta will work.
Use a spicy sauce if you want to take it up a notch.
Optional to leave out the dill pickles, but then again, it wouldn’t be a dill pickle soup. HA.
Add a vairety of toppings to serve with this recipe, like cheese, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, more chopped dill pickles, green onions, red onions.
Crockpot Dill Pickle Cheeseburger Soup
Yes, you can make this in the crockpot, or the Smart Skillet.
- Toward the end of the recipe, with temperature on high, add the pasta and allow to cook for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Check for doneness of the pasta.
- Turn back down to low and keep warm until eating.
Set out the delicious toppings and enjoy!
Dill pickle lovers!
If you are planning a casual dinner anytime soon, hosting a soup night is super easy. You make one pot of soup, serve bread and drinks – BAM!
We love Cheeseburger Dill Pickle Soup Recipe! Dill pickles? Why, yes. My friend, Cathy, at Noble Pig, has a creamy dill pickle soup recipe, and also a dill pickle butter (what?? yum!) We also love my Golden Rice Salad, made with dill pickles (sort of like potato salad!), and speaking of potato salad, you’ll have to try my Best Potato Salad (with bread and butter pickles, but you can certainly use dill pickles).
This recipe is made with DeLallo Food’s Elbows pasta and Tomato Basil Pomodoro Fresco sauce, it’s a hearty soup that tastes just like a cheeseburger!
Serve it with your favorite toppings!
Soup Night is a great way to make your guests feel welcome and relaxed.
Time to get a date on the calendar and make that invite!
Get the Recipe:
Dill Pickle Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 25 ounce DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Sauce, Tomato Basil (or your favorite flavor)
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound DeLallo Whole Wheat Pasta Elbows
- 6 ounce Dill pickles, drained and diced
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Garnish for soup:
- sour cream, dill pickles, red onions, salsa, green onions, more shredded cheese, jalapeños
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add ground beef. Break apart beef and cook until browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer ground beef to a bowl or plate; cover and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan. Add the diced onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper; continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add dried parsley, yellow mustard, and red pepper flakes; stir.
- Boil a large pot of water; cook macaroni according to package directions. (Undercook the pasta 1-2 minutes, el dente); drain.
- Add to the beef mixture DeLallo sauce, beef broth, diced tomatoes (undrained), cooked pasta, pickles, and cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat; stir well and serve. (Optional: you can add in the pickle juice if you want more pickle flavor.)
- Garnish with sour cream, dill pickles, red onions, salsa, green onions, more shredded cheese, jalapeños.
This post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods, which I love cooking with their products; but as always, all opinions are my own.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...