Skillet Cheesy Meatball Dip
Perfect for game day or your next tailgate party, serve this hot Skillet Cheesy Meatball Dip with toasted baguette slices!
Friends, are you gathering some amazing appetizers for Game Day this year? Then you’ll love this hot skillet filled with a Cheesy Meatball Dip.
Toast a pan of crostini and serve it hot. So cheesy good! Since this has pizza sauce in the recipe, you may also want to try this Pizza Taco Braid Board for a party!
Cheesy Meatball Dip Recipe
A generous home-cooked meal shared with friends is one of the best gifts in life. Truly, does life get any better?
Today I’m giving you a boost of Vitamin D. “D” for determination. Determine in your heart that you want to expand your friend-circle. Possibly make a game day invite this year?
Ingredients needed for Meatball Dip
- Ground turkey
- ZucchiniWhite onion
- Dried oregano + basil
- Kosher salt + black pepper
- Olive oil
- Cremini mushrooms
- Italian Pizza Sauce, Margherita Style (we use Delallo brand)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sharp white cheddar cheese
- Fresh basil
Try this Skillet Cheesy Meatball Dip
Making an invite, and cooking a home-cooked meal, is a pretty simple way to win the hearts of others! Also, getting your mind off of yourself, and investing in others, brings a good amount of joy! (Or, are you a worry wart?)
Be determined to cook something simple!
Try this easy meatball appetizer.
Ask your guests to pitch in and bring a salad!
Serve a loaf of hot, crunchy bread!
How do you make the meatballs?
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for the meatballs; coat with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini between a double layer of paper towels; squeeze/press to extract excess moisture. Mix together zucchini, turkey, onion, oregano, salt, pepper, basil, and egg in a bowl.
- Form 24 meatballs with turkey mixture; arrange on prepared baking sheet.
How do you make the skillet meatball dip?
- Meanwhile, add oil to pan; cook mushrooms and garlic. Stir in pizza sauce and water; reduce heat to medium, and simmer!
- Lay meatballs in the skillet (leave behind cooked-out proteins); gently stir to coat with sauce.
- Add mozzarella cheese; gently stir.
- Sprinkle with Sharp white cheddar cheese. Broil meatball mixture until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil; serve with toasted baguette.
What can you substitute for this recipe?
- You can use a marina instead of a pizza sauce.
- Change up the cheese to your favorite flavor!
- Use beef or lamb or chicken instead of ground turkey
- OR … you can buy pre-made meatballs in the freezer section
- Don’t skimp on the mushrooms. They really make this recipe great.
- Add Parmesan cheese for another layer of cheese!
After years of hosting, I know for a fact that people love to get invited over for a meal!
If you can, set aside the fears of what people will think, that they will somehow be judging you. Focus on how to be a better friend, the rewards are far greater than you could ever imagine!
Cheesy Pizza Meatball Dip
For this recipe, bake ahead the meatballs (I love to double or triple the recipe and freeze them!). When it’s dinner time, it doesn’t take long to pull this recipe together!
Love the addition of DeLallo pizza sauce, but of course you could also add any marinara!
Delicious hot in a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
Don’t forget the toasted baguette slices!
Now for making that invite … !!
More pizza appetizers to try:
Get the Recipe:
Cheesy Meatball Dip Recipe
- Cooking spray
- ¾ cup shredded zucchini, about 1 small zucchini
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup white sweet onion, from 1 small onion
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups DeLallo Italian Pizza Sauce, Margherita Style
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 baguette, cut into 12-24 slices, toasted
- Fresh basil, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat with cooking spray.
- Place zucchini between a double layer of paper towels; squeeze/press to extract excess moisture. Mix together zucchini, turkey, onion, oregano, salt, pepper, basil, and egg in a bowl. Form 24 meatballs with turkey mixture; arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F until fully cooked, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add oil to pan; cook mushrooms and garlic about 5 minutes. Stir in pizza sauce and 1/4 cup water; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes. Lay meatballs in the skillet (leave behind cooked-out proteins); gently stir to coat with sauce. Add mozzarella cheese; gently stir.
- Sprinkle with Sharp white cheddar cheese. Broil meatball mixture until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil; serve with toasted baguette.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...