Epic Chicken Strips Dinner Board
For easy entertaining, or a fun family meal, enjoy a tasty Epic Chicken Strips Dinner Board! Add our favorite dipping sauces to serve with chicken strips!
With the resurgence of cooking at home, today I’m sharing a fun way to serve your family (or in the future, a small party for game day, etc). For this Epic Chicken Strips Dinner Board recipe, you can HALVE the recipe for your family, or print it out for a larger group.
How to make or buy chicken strips
I love this idea for a Friday night with your family! With take out on the rise, we can support our local restaurants by ordering chicken strips and fries, and then arrange it on your board back at home.
Don’t forget the “board games!” [Grab the link below to buy the game “Pit.”]
You can buy chicken strips and fries in the freezer section and make at home.
Chicken Strips Dinner Board
Let’s jump forward a few months, when we can all start inviting people into our homes again!
The point of entertaining is for the beauty of fellowship, and what takes place when sharing a meal and meaningful conversation! Which is why I love to serve big boards! This is a quick and easy Chicken Strips Board you can serve for a game day party, a board game night gathering, or a children’s birthday party!
Or, you may want to make a Epic French Fries Board!
There’s nothing more satisfying than feeding your community, neighbors, and friends. And, I promise, with this casual way to put a spread on the table, right away your guests will feel comfortable and more open to sharing their stories. Some of my most amazing conversations have been with friends, sitting around a board, grazing and talking.
How to make a Chicken Strips Board
- You can order the chicken strips and fries ahead of time and pick them up just before serving, or make your own.
- For the center display, arrange the strips on a plate to prop them upwards slightly.
- Place small bowls of sauces and M&Ms around the plate, then fill in the remaining space with fries and other ingredients.
Ingredients for Chicken Strips Board
- Large chicken strips
- Sweet potato fries (you can buy or make your own – LINK)
- Crinkle potato fries
- Barbecue sauce, ketchup, fry sauce, ranch dressing
- Dark chocolate almond bark
- Carrot sticks, celery sticks, bell pepper slices
- Red and green grapes
- Parsley to garnish
What is the The Big Board®?
I’ve been surprised to see how “the big board” concept has taken off. But the truth is, people are looking for new ways to connect, to serve their people, to share love and food in a casual way. Some want the intimacy that comes with serving a dinner board. Others want a new way to present beautiful food.
Some love the hygge feeling it conveys, or the coziness that draws people in. Or perhaps it’s because people like to fill their own plates, rather than sit down to a stuffy, formal meal.
Whatever the reason, food is fresh and real, and it doesn’t have to take hours of prep. You can make my boards at home, but there are also shortcuts that can help you get a board pulled together quickly with a run to the store. Some boards are more gourmet than others, but many are down-to-earth meals that we all love.
Buy the game Pit (on Amazon)
Oh, and our favorite board game? Pit!
Buy the game, HERE. [affilite link]
It’s a fun, frenzied, card-swapping game. It might get a little loud.
Race to collect 9 matching cards!
Ring bell first to win!
Friends, The Big Board is here! Yes, I’ve partnered with JK Adams, the premier woodmaking company in Vermont, with my own line of RE boards!
- 12 x 36-inch
- 23 inch Lazy Susan
- A board with a lip (or raised edged) so the food doesn’t fall off
- FOOD SAFE
- Made in the USA
- Undercut handles (a unique design)
Thank you for your support, as we’ve sold out so many times already!
Order The Big Board today!
Get the Recipe:
Epic Chicken Strip Board
- 12-14 large chicken strips
- 11 oz sweet potato fries
- 11 oz crinkle potato fries
- 1 c barbecue sauce
- 1 c ketchup
- 3/4 c fry sauce
- 3/4 c ranch dressing
- 1 c dark chocolate almond bark
- 1 c M&Ms
- 10 carrot sticks
- 10 celery sticks
- 2 bell pepper, cut into sticks
- 3-4 lbs red and green grapes
- Parsley to garnish
- On a large platter or tray leave space in the center for a large dinner plate. Around the plate place bowls of dipping sauces.
- Cook the fries and chicken strips. Optional to buy; warm up before serving.
- Arrange the chicken on the plate; garnish with parsley.
- Lay down the fries, grapes (fruit), pepper slices and carrot sticks (or any veggies for dipping).
- Right before serving, plate the chicken and serve!
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...