Ham Leek Hand Pies Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ham Leek Hand Pies recipe is an easy snack, or a fun twist on a ham sandwich. Make the ham filling ahead of time, prepare in 10 minutes, bake in 20 minutes!
Friends, did you have a beautiful Easter? For the first time in almost 30 years, we did not gather with famiy or friends. It was different, but it was still a beautiful day with so much meaning! You can catch a few glimpses on my Instagram story!
Ham Leek Hand Pies Recipe
Today I’m sharing a great recipe made with leftover ham. Also, I’m sure you know, but you can freeze leftover ham!
These ham and leek pies are a fun twist on a leftover ham flavorful sandwich! And how about serving with leftover Sour Cream Lemon Pie (if you have any)?
- Fold the points of each square into the center, pinching the tips together to seal.
- Then brush the pastry with the egg white.
- Bake until puffed and golden!
Easter this year …
Easter felt odd this year, but we still enjoyed a few traditions. Traditions like a ham breakfast casserole for brunch and homemade Snickerdoodle Muffins (recipe coming soon), but instead of going to church, we watched it online!
We also watched the Andrea Bocelli: Music For Hope – Live From Duomo di Milano concert online. Did you?
Ingredients for ham hand pies
- Crescent roll dough
- Egg and butter
- Leeks (you could also use shallot or onion)
- Diced ham (use leftover Easter ham!)
- Garlic and fresh rosemary
- Dijon mustard
- Cream cheese
Even though you’re taking a short cut with crescent rolls (you can also use homemade pie crust), these ham hand pies are so easy and delish. You can also add spinach to the filling!
Springy dinner table
These photos are back home, when we had spring-like days, with branches from our backyard to decorate the table.
Set the table.
Pink and white is gorgeous for spring.
On our side patio table, I laid branches in the center of the table.
Set the table with a white linen tablecloth.
Beautiful spring napkins.
Friends, with the the outdoor elements, it’s that simple!
Now of course, you may not have the sunshine that we’ve been having, but you can still set a lovely table indoors.
How to make Ham Leek Hand Pies
For the recipe, make the leek and ham mixture the night before. If you don’t have leeks, you can replace with shallots or onions. But the flavor of leeks? Oh, so good! [I buy the 2-pack at Trader Joe’s, and they keep in the fridge for quite some time!]
Making the mixture ahead allows the flavors to meld together, which makes an even more delicious hand pie!
I don’t use a lot of crescent rolls for baking, but in this case, I must admit that these little hand pies turned out deliciously well.
Having people over … It’s all about the bodies in the chairs, even though the comfort of good food, and the ambience of a delightful table add to the dining experience.
Enjoy any leftover ham for your meals this week!
More spring recipes:
Ham Leek Hand Pies
- flour, for dusting
- 1 8 oz crescent roll dough
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks–trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced, white and pale-green parts only (about 5 cups)
- 1 8 oz pkg ham, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 4 oz pkg cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . On a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into 4 rectangles, pressing the perforated seams together to seal. Roll out each rectangle to form a 6-inch square, and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet; refrigerate while you make the filling. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 teaspoon water.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low. Add the leeks; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the leeks soften, about 7 minutes. Off heat, stir in the ham, garlic, rosemary and mustard; season.
- Dot the cream cheese on the dough squares, leaving a 1-inch border; top with the leek mixture. Fold the points of each square into the center, pinching the tips together to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg white. Bake until puffed and golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.