Ham Leek Hand Pies Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ham Leek Hand Pies recipe is a quick and easy snack or appetizer. Make the ham filling ahead of time, prepare in 10 minutes, and bake in 20 minutes!
Friends, I so love the week of Easter! And this Ham Leek Hand Pies Recipe you can make for Easter brunch, or later in the week with leftover ham!
Since we’ve had spring-like days, I was able to snip some of the branches to decorate the table. Last year I used white blossoms!
More importantly, I was so happy to reach deep into my hutch and pull out our wedding dishes! Twenty-five years ago we were engaged, and this June will be our 25th Anniversary!
Set the table.
I’m so glad I chose white dishes way back when, because today they are not only special, but still very relevant with my style.
On our side patio table, I laid branches in the center of the table.
Set the table with a white linen tablecloth.
Beautiful Easter napkins.
Friends, with the the outdoor elements, it’s that simple!
Now of course, you may not have the sunshine that we’ve been having, but you can still set a lovely table indoors.
Ham Leek Hand Pies
For the recipe, make the leek and ham mixture the night before. This allows the flavors to meld together, which makes an even more delicious hand pie!
I don’t use a lot of crescent rolls for baking, but in this case, for Easter, I must admit that these little hand pies turned out deliciously well.
It’s all about the bodies in the chairs, even though the comfort of good food, and the ambience of a delightful table add to the dining experience.
I’m very excited for Easter this year, are you?
Ham Leek Hand Pies
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 package, 8 oz. crescent roll dough
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large leeks–trimmed, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced, white and pale-green parts only (about 5 cups)
- 1 package, 8 oz. diced ham
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . On a lightly floured surface, cut the dough into 4 rectangles, pressing the perforated seams together to seal. Roll out each rectangle to form a 6-inch square, and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet; refrigerate while you make the filling. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 teaspoon water.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over low. Add the leeks; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the leeks soften, about 7 minutes. Off heat, stir in the ham, garlic, rosemary and mustard; season.
- Dot the cream cheese on the dough squares, leaving a 1-inch border; top with the leek mixture. Fold the points of each square into the center, pinching the tips together to seal. Brush the pastry with the egg white. Bake until puffed and golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
More Easter recipes:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.