Best Banana Cream Pie Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
Best Banana Cream Pie recipe has a delicious homemade filling with lemony bananas. Make in an easy-press crust, and serve with fresh whipped cream.
My Banana Cream Pie recipe is especially good when berries aren’t always available. Which means winter and early spring. BUT … we enjoy it all year long. And friends, I want to tell you about my new book out this year, Big Boards for Families! You can preorder it now!
Best Banana Cream Pie Recipe
My sis, Linda shared this recipe with me many years ago. It’s a keeper, so get ready to print and save :) The easy-press crust is my favorite! Of course, this Sour Cream Lemon Pie is another family favorite! Or, use frozen berries for this Frozen Mixed Berry Compote (served on vanilla ice cream).
Friends, it’s another week of more of the same, but Easter is coming! For me, this gives my heart so much hope. As C.S. Lewis says, Easter week is a “happiness and wonder that makes you serious.”
Serious indeed. These are serious times and I’m thankful for ever day to be present, learn, and grow. We will look back and never be the same!
Ingredients for Banana Cream Pie
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Eggs yolks
- Fresh lemon
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
Ingredients for Easy Press Pie Crust
- Oil and milk
- Flour and sugar and salt
How to make best banana cream pie
- Make the easy-press pie crust
- Make the pie filling (homemade is the best, don’t use a pudding mix!)
- Arrange the bananas on the bottom of the pie crust
- Pour the pie filling over the bananas and spread evenly
- Chill for 4 hours until set
- Serve with fresh whipped cream
The Rhythm of our home
The sun has been out, so the rhythm of our home has been a little more active than the normal vegging on Netflix, doing puzzles, eating, and reading. HA! Just kidding. I’m proud of my family, who knows how to redeem the time with good things (time in the outdoors, podcasts, exercise, keeping in touch with people).
This is a moment to make our time really count. We have house projects going, and everyone is pitching in with the best attitudes.
Now a few years, ago, when the kids were this age, there might have been a little more attitude going on. I do admire the younger moms at home with their kids all day long. Teaching, guiding, encouraging, modeling. Parenting is not for the faint of heart. In any situation.
Eating together has been essential, and very special. We don’t eat dessert every night, but when we do, it’s been a comfort dessert, like this banana pie.
We eat together, spend time together, and this quote has more meaning than ever:
“I’m starting to think this world is just a place for us to learn that we need each other more than we want to admit.” –Richelle E. Goodrich
Banana Cream Pie
This recipe was in my book, years ago (did you know I wrote a book in 2010? Now out of print).
Banana Cream Pie. I’m going to call it BEST Banana Cream Pie, because it truly is the BEST!
I couldn’t be more grateful than this week of Easter. We’re home together, and Easter is alive and in our hearts and it’s going to be a beautiful day!
You may also enjoy:
This savory Easter Pie
Best Banana Cream Pie
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs yolks
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 medium bananas
- Fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Easy Press Pie Crust
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- For pie crust:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whip oil and milk together with a fork. Add in the dry ingredients and mix with fork until blended.
- Press the crust into a pie pan and bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- For pie filling:
- In heavy saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in the condensed milk and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat and stir until thick and bubbly. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla. Mix well; cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the bananas and put in a bowl with fresh lemon juice.
- Arrange the bananas on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the pie filling over the bananas and spread evenly.
- Chill for 4 hours until set.
- In a small bowl, whip the cream and add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Spread over the pie right before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.