Mango Coconut Sorbet Dessert
This post may contain affiliate links.
Here’s an easy dessert recipe to whip up for dinner guests: 5 Ingredient Mango Coconut Sorbet Dessert. It’s dairy-free and vegan, too.
Today, we’re gonna whip up a batch of freshly made Mango Coconut Sorbet and pop it in the freezer to serve at a later time! I love a dessert you can make ahead, and know it’s ready if you have last minute guests pop in.
Mango Coconut Sorbet Dessert
And if you are a lover of soft serve ice cream, you’ll love this recipe! [Also, friends, are you following me on Pinterest for more delicious recipes?] Also, you may enjoy this Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Salad recipe or Quick Taco Salad with Mango Salsa.
Ingredients for 5 Ingredient Mango Coconut Sorbet
- Coconut milk
- Honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- Vanilla (plus salt)
A scoop or two of this rich and sweet Mango Coconut Sorbet is everything you need!
It’s rich and creamy, dairy-free, and bursting with the juicy-sweetness of mango and coconut milk!
How to make Mango Coconut Sorbet
This ice cream requires little to no preparation, and the best part is that it uses common pantry items like full fat coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and salt.
TIP: You can buy 1 lb bags of frozen mango at Trader Joe’s along with the other ingredients—it’s the perfect ice cream to make in a pinch.
Can you freeze sorbet?
To make ahead, smooth the ice cream into a metal loaf pan, press a piece of plastic wrap onto the top, and transfer to the freezer. If you do this, you’ll have to re-blend the ice cream along with about 1/4 c of non dairy milk, because it will become pretty hard.
Simply allow the ice cream to thaw slightly (enough to allow the edges to melt), then transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
Does Mango Coconut Sorbet have dairy in it?
This recipe does not have dairy, and no sugar is added. It’s a great option for your dairy-free and vegan friends!
What’s the difference between gelato and sorbet?
Ice cream, gelato, and sherbet all have dairy products in the ingredients, but sorbet does not. It’s a frozen dessert made up of just fruit purée (or fruit juice, like lemon juice). The sweetener depends on whether you use a simple syrup, or sugar, or you can use coconut milk.
Enjoy the ice cream plain or with lime zest and coconut shavings on top. Garnish with mint!
Enjoy more mango recipes!
5 Ingredient Mango Coconut Sorbet
- 1 lb frozen mango chunks
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, shaken
- 5 Tbsp honey, (or maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fresh mint to garnish, optional
- In a high-powered blender, combine the mango, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, and salt. Blend the ingredients on low and use a tamper to push and move the chunks as they puree, increasing the blending speed as the ice cream becomes creamier. Taste for additional honey or lime juice.
- When the ingredients are almost entirely smooth, (you may have a few chunks of mango), you’re ready to serve!
- Enjoy the ice cream plain or with lime zest and coconut shavings on top. Garnish with mint!
HOW TO FREEZE:
- Smooth the ice cream into a metal loaf pan and press a piece of plastic wrap onto the top and transfer to the freezer. If you do this, you’ll have to re-blend the ice cream along with about 1/4 c of non dairy milk, because it will become pretty hard. Simply allow the ice cream to thaw slightly (enough to allow the edges to melt), then transfer to a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth and creamy.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.