Savory Turkey Burger Recipe
This most may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Enjoy a flavorful Savory Turkey Burger Recipe, with the perfect herbs and spices! Serve with mango and avocado as a lettuce wrap, or with a bun!
Friends, here’s a twist on turkey burgers with cilantro, mint, garlic, and ginger! Of course, serve on your favorite kind of buns. We love brioche, because they are so soft and buttery-good.
Savory Turkey Burger Recipe
What we’ve found is that no matter who’s coming over for dinner, everyone LOVES a good burger! They are the best served with BEST Easy Grilled Vegetables, and my most popular salad recipe on my blog right now: Summer Italian Spaghetti Salad! SO GOOD!
How to cook turkey burgers
Turkey burgers are a delicious recipe that everyone loves! Slap these moist patties together ahead of time, and either cook on the grill or stovetop. It’s the perfect “special” summer treat!
Ingredients for Savory Turkey Burgers
- Ground turkey
- Cilantro, mint, garlic and ginger
- Mayonnaise, soy sauce, ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- Chili flakes
Surely you get as excited as I do, when you know you are having burgers for dinner? :)
Tips for the best turkey burgers
If you plan to grill these burgers, I recommend buying a coarsely ground turkey. If the grind is smooth, I recommend cooking the patties on the stovetop to maintain their shape and avoid having the meat fall through the grates. The finer grind of meat, the burger mix will be very loose—this is what makes it so deliciously moist!
This moisture also gives you some room to “overcook” the meat and not result in a chalky, dry burger. Additionally, a tip for microplaning ginger is to freeze the pieces beforehand—this makes the grating process much easier.
How to serve turkey burgers
To serve, enjoy with lettuce, fresh mango, avocado, and red onion, or enjoy with melted cheese on a burger!
- Serve them on a bun
- Place on ettuce leaves as a burger wrap!
Happiness is …
I’m generally a happy person. And one thing for sure that makes me happy is having people around my table.
I always dreamed of this as a kid, and for years I’ve witnessed it in beautiful ways around our table. Let’s just say this, that living it is much better than just reading about it in books or magazines.
The camaraderie that comes from eating together just fills my love cup!
Also, have you thought of taking happiness breaks?
The news is almost too much to bear these days, so I think we should all take “happiness breaks.”
What this entails for you is to find your happy sweet spot. How can get away from, or do, for little breaks throughout the day?
Go on a walk
Sit on a bench
Read something that makes you happy or is good for your soul
Call a friend
Make a dinner invite
Plan a fun menu (remember, delegate, you don’t have to do it all!)
Sit in the sun for ten minutes
Treat yourself to a bite of chocolate
Watch one episode of your favorite show
Focusing on beauty or things that make you happy will bring a calm to your day!
Now come back and tell me who you’ll be inviting over for these turkey burgers this week! :)=
Savory Herb Turkey Burgers
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1 c cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 c mint, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, microplaned
- 2 ‘’ ginger, microplaned
- 1/4 c mayonaise
- 1/8 c soy sauce
- 1/8 c ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili flakes
How to serve
- Zest of 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Toasted sesame oil for coking or nonstick spray
- Lettuce leaves
- Mango salsa
- Bun and condiments
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the burger. Mix until just combined and set aside. If your burger mix is firm enough to hold its shape, then grilling will work. If the mix is very loose, I recommend cooking on the stovetop (unless you want to use a cast iron skillet on the grill to keep the meat from falling through).
- To grill the patties, preheat your grill to medium heat. Measure your patties into about 1/3 c portions, shape into a patty with your hands, and spray both sides with nonstick spray. Place burgers on the grill (or preheated cast iron on the grill). Cook until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F, 7-8 minutes per side. Repeat until all meat is cooked.
- To cook on the stove top, heat your pan to medium heat and pour in 1 tsp of sesame oil per burger. Portion out meat into 1/3 c patties—I recommend portioning and shaping the meat as you lay it into the pan (one at a time), rather than shaping all of them beforehand. When oil is shimmery, lay down your patties into the sesame oil and cook for 7-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Repeat until all the patties are cooked.
- To serve, enjoy with lettuce, fresh mango, avocado, and red onion, or enjoy with melted cheese on a burger!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.