Strawberry Fluff Salad
Perfect for holidays, special occasions, summer BBQs, or any time you want an amazing dish with a touch of sweetness, Strawberry Fluff Salad is pretty, delicious, and so easy to make! I love dishes like this that double as a dessert or a salad, and when it’s this good, be sure to make extra because everyone will want seconds!
Strawberry Jell-O and Cool Whip are a match made in heaven. And in this, my Aunt Lillian’s recipe, they pair up perfectly. I remember gobbling down this dish at all kinds of family events, especially around the holidays.
Strawberry Fluff Salad
That was a long time ago, but this vintage dish is making a comeback, and just watch your guests devour it!
These days, I serve this Strawberry Fluff Salad whenever we have people over or when I take a dish to potlucks and gatherings. The stunning color appeals to everyone, and after just one bite, people are in love and asking for the recipe! Serve this jello salad recipe in a gorgeous bowl like my favorite mango wood and enamel salad bowl.
Why I love this recipe
- I love watching people rave about this salad! Older adults remember it from their childhoods, and kids love the flavor, color and texture!
- It’s simple to make, and you can make it a day in advance.
- It’s a salad, it’s a dessert, it’s delicious! I love that I can serve it at any meal!
Gather these ingredients
- Strawberry Jell-O – A 6-oz box.
- Cream cheese – Softened.
- Cool Whip
- Canned fruit cocktail – 15-oz can; drained.
- Whipped cream – For the topping.
- Strawberries – Sliced; optional garnish.
- Fresh mint – Optional garnish.
How to make the best Strawberry Fluff Salad
- Mix the Jell-O and boiling water in a medium-sized bowl until the gelatin is dissolved. Transfer the mixture to the fridge and allow it to set up.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer in another bowl until it is smooth.
- Add the Cool Whip and beat until well combined.
- Scrape the cream cheese and Cool Whip mixture into the bowl with the set Jell-O and beat with a mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Drain the canned fruit cocktail and pour it into the salad. Gently mix it together.
- Transfer the mixture to your serving bowl and cover with plastic. Chill for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving.
- Before serving, top the salad with a dollop of whipped cream, a few sliced strawberries, and a sprig of mint.
Tips & substitutions
- If you’re in a hurry and can’t wait for the Jell-O to set up, follow the quick set instructions on the package.
- Try this recipe with blueberry, cherry, or orange-flavored gelatin!
- Instead of a serving bowl, transfer the salad to individual dessert cups or large glasses for a pretty presentation and individual servings.
- A few sliced strawberries on the top add such a pretty touch and a pop of freshness.
This strawberry recipe is perfect as a dessert or a starter! I love serving it during the holidays along with the turkey, but it’s equally delicious during the summer. It’s a terrific addition to a meal of burgers or sliders, and it’s elegant enough to finish a meal where a stunning beef tenderloin is the star of the show.
Store any leftover Strawberry Fluff Salad in the fridge for 1-2 days. This recipe will not freeze; it is best enjoyed fresh.
Check out these awesome strawberry recipes while you’re here
Get the Recipe:
Strawberry Fluff Salad
- 6 ounces strawberry Jello
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 15 ounce can fruit cocktail, drained
- whipped cream for topping
- Strawberries, sliced, for topping
- Tiny sprig of mint for topping
- In a medium bowl, mix together the jello and boiling water; stir until jello is dissolved. Or, use the “speed set” directions on the package with ice cubes. Allow to start setting up; keep in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the cool whip and beat until smooth.
- After the jello has set, with a spatula, scrape it into the cream cheese and cool whip mixture and beat until creamy and smooth. It will be pretty pink!
- Drain the fruit cocktail; pour into the jello mixture. With a spoon, gently mix together. Immediately pour into your serving bowl; place plastic wrap over the top and refrigerate. Let chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
- If desired, top the jello salad with more whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...