Game Day Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Enjoy these classic Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs, perfect for any party, but particularly loved for football, game day, and holiday parties!
’Tis the season for game day snacks! A classic at every party is a large crock pot of delicious Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs to a party. You may also love my Easy Meatball Crostini Appetizer that would be fun served on a charcuterie/cheese board.
Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs
This Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs recipe today makes 5-6 dozen meatballs! But you can also use frozen prepared, bite-sized meatballs, thawed.
I love to make this recipe ahead and then keep them warm in my Instant Pot 8 Qt Aura Pro Multi-Use Programmable Multicooker. The instant pot does not have the pressure cooker feature, by the way, but I use this small appliance several times a week in my kitchen. I use it for the slow cooker and rice features the most. This is a “multi-use” cooker and I LOVE IT.
Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs are also yummy eaten on rice and quinoa, or just plain served as an appetizer! We’ve even served the leftovers in tacos. So good!
Hosting a Game Day Party
Have you thought about changing up the guest list, or do you invite the same people year after year? Traditionalism is great, but it’s also good to change things up (my humble opinion).
You could also serve this recipe in the center of an epic charcuterie, if they’re eaten quickly. Otherwise, good to keep in a slow cooker so they stay nice and hot.
More Super Bowl Recipes:
Last year we served these meatballs at our Super Bowl Party, but here are more recipes to try!
Amazing Pulled Pork (for sliders) from TidyMom
Crock Pot King Ranch Chicken Soup from Julie’s Eats and Treats
How do you make cocktail meatballs?
- Shape meat mixture into 1-1/2″ meatballs. Place in ungreased 13x9x2 rectangular pan lined with foil or parchment paper (easier to clean up) and bake.
- Heat chili sauce and jam in large saucepan and simmer.
- Pour sauce over cooked meatballs and serve in a slow cooker, or on an appetizer platter or charcuterie board with toothpicks, or over rice or quinoa. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Easy tip: Use either foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up!
How do you make the best meatball sauce?
Two easy ingredients!
Strawberry jam (preserves) and chili sauce. Two easy ingredients to keep stocked in your pantry!
Host a Game Day Party!
People! Host a game day party–it’s easy! Delegate, delegate, delegate so you don’t have to do it all!
By the way, we never expect invitations. We never want people to feel obligated to invite us over; we want them to “want” to invite us!
Inviting guest is an art. I’ve written a lot about it on RE, but it’s good to think of people who know your other guests, or those who’ll benefit by meeting new people, etc.
Game Day Party inspiration
Here are some great posts when it comes to people, introducing one another, making invites, etc.
Strawberry Balsamic Glazed Meatballs
- 3 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, any flavor
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 bottles, 12 ounces each chili sauce
- 1 jar, 22 ounce Smucker’s strawberry jelly
- Parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F. Stir together all ingredients except chili sauce and jam. Shape meat mixture into 1-1/2″ meatballs. Place in ungreased 13x9x2 rectangular pan lined with foil or parchment paper (easier to clean up).
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Heat chili sauce and jam in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until heated through. Stir in meatballs until coated. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- Serve in a slow cooker, or on an appetizer platter with toothpicks, or over rice or quinoa. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
This post has affiliate links. Every purchase from these links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you! This recipe originally posted DEC 2014.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.