Watermelon Feta Bites with Basil Olive Oil for Aggie’s Baby Shower

Watermelon Feta Bites with Basil Olive Oil

Aggie, from Aggie’e Kitchen, is having a baby boy, and our family couldn’t be happier! So in celebration, we’re contributing to her online virtual baby shower with a delicious platter of Watermelon Feta Bites with Basil Olive Oil.

Baby Shower for Aggie

Our basil plant is bursting in the garden right now, and seedless watermelons are plentiful at the farmer’s market or grocery stores. I wish we grew our own watermelon, but we don’t.

Since Aggie’s blog is all about healthy recipes, and cooking for the family, if I were coming to her “real” shower, I’d bring this watermelon dish today!

Watermelon Feta Bites with Basil Olive Oil

I’ve made this recipe for our family several times. It’s the perfect light, fresh, summery appetizer that most people will enjoy. Our kids devoured these little bites of goodness, and we all decided that including the basil drizzle was the perfect touch.

Sandy & Aggie

My history with Aggie goes back to a few years ago when I met her in Napa Valley, and have traveled with her on quite a few trips! (Above, at EVO Conference.) Ever since then, we’ve become great friends and have kept up with our families, blogs, and quite a few travels together. I’m so excited for this new chapter in her family’s life, to have a new baby boy, and I know her kids Sammy and Gina are going to be the best brother and sister. Kids are such a blessing, and Aggie’s family is entering a new season.

Enjoy, Aggie, with blessings to come, and a yummy virtual shower with delicious foods from all of us who love you!

What’s your favorite way to serve watermelon as an appetizer?

Appetizers

Non Alcoholic Berry Spritzer from Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks
Virgin Peach & Raspberry Bellinis from Milisa of Miss in the Kitchen
Italian Basil Sparkling Lemonade from Marly of Namely Marly
Italian Sodas from Laura of Real Mom Kitchen
Cafe Mocha Punch / or Iced Cafe Mocha from Amy of She Wears Many Hats

Salads
Italian Chopped Salad in a Jar {with Creamy Caesar Dressing} from Brenda of a farmgirl’s dabbles
Caprese Salad with Mozzarella Crisps from Christine of Cook the Story
Pesto Pasta Stuffed Tomatoes from Suzanne of Kokocooks
Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad from Liz of The Lemon Bowl
Herbed Israeli Couscous Salad with Tomato and Mozzarella from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Chickpea, Avocado, & Feta Salad from Maria of Two Peas and Their Pod
Lentil and Chickpea Layered Salad from Lisa of With Style & Grace

Entrees
Chicken Cacciatore from Meagan of A Zesty Bite
Zucchini, Bell Pepper & Edamame Stir-Fry from Cassie of Bake Your Day
Potato-Crusted Vegetarian Quiche with Zucchini, Tomatoes & Feta from Dara of Cookin’ Canuck
“Straw & Hay” Tagliatelle in Cream Sauce from Flavia of Flavia’s Flavors
Grilled Italian Chicken with Veggie & Bow Tie Pasta from Katie of Katie’s Cucina
Grilled Naan Pizza with Summer Veggies & Turkey Sausage from Kelley of Mountain Mama Cooks
Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Panini from Kathy of Panini Happy

Desserts
Fresh Blueberry Shortbread with Lemon Cream Frosting from Sommer of A Spicy Perspective
Crostata di Mango from Lora of Cake Duchess
Italian Ice from Kristen of Dine & Dish
Roasted Banana and Nutella S’mores Bruschetta from Jenny of Picky Palate
Italian Cream Cake from Deborah of Taste and Tell
Panna cotta from Leslie of The hungry housewife
Fortune Cookies from Shari of Tickled Red
Baby Vanilla Bean Scones a la Starbucks from Tara of Unsophisticook

41 Responses to “Watermelon Feta Bites with Basil Olive Oil for Aggie’s Baby Shower”

Aggie — August 26, 2013 @ 4:00 am

Oh Sandy!! I’m dying right now!! What a way to start the week! I’m feeling the love!! :)

This is such a perfect little app, all of my favorite things! Love the basil olive oil (and that it’s from your garden!!). I wish you could bring these over in real life too. One day?! :)

I’m so so blessed to have you in my life, your friendship means the world to me. Love you!! xoxo

Rachel Cooks — August 26, 2013 @ 4:29 am

Loving these little bites! The combination of watermelon feta is so perfectly refreshing and the basil oil is a perfect touch. Thanks for organizing this event! You guys did a great job.

katie — August 26, 2013 @ 4:49 am

mmm these little bites of goodness sound amazing! Thank you so much for helping to organize Aggie’s surprise baby shower!

Christine (Cook the Story) — August 26, 2013 @ 5:21 am

Mmmmm…I love the idea of this basil oil on this salad. What a perfect touch! The picture of you and Aggie is great. It looks like such a beautiful location. Thanks for organizing today’s event for Aggie. You guys have done such an amazing job.

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — August 26, 2013 @ 6:24 am

Beautiful little bites, love the squared look! Such a lovely app for dear Aggie.

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — August 26, 2013 @ 6:54 am

Love that photo of you two beautiful friends together! And I would eat so many of these at a baby shower — delicious! :)

JulieD — August 26, 2013 @ 7:26 am

Sandy, I love love these! I have been obsessed with savory watermelon salads lately and this is perfect! I know Aggie loved this so much, so glad I got to do this with you and Liz! Thanks for being such an awesome friend to me!

marly — August 26, 2013 @ 7:34 am

What a fun recipe. You know what else is fun? Being in this virtual baby shower…with you!

Megan {Country Cleaver} — August 26, 2013 @ 8:25 am

This is such a great appetizer! I’ve never tried watermelon and feta together before – clearly I’ve been missing out!

Sommer @ ASpicyPerspective — August 26, 2013 @ 8:34 am

These sound delicious, Sandy! :)

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — August 26, 2013 @ 8:54 am

Love the basil with these watermelon bites! What great post – fun to share in this shower with you!!!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — August 26, 2013 @ 10:24 am

Oh I just love this recipe Sandy!!! I also love the photo of you and Aggie!! Two sweet gals!! xoxo

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — August 26, 2013 @ 10:35 am

What a lovely post, Sandy! And I adore watermelon and feta together. I haven’t made it ages, but I’m thinking this will be a hit at our barbecue this weekend!

Cookin Canuck — August 26, 2013 @ 12:54 pm

I love the simplicity of this appetizer, Sandy! I’ll bet it’s something that Aggie would absolutely adore.

Suzanne — August 26, 2013 @ 1:11 pm

Love the watermelon/feta combination, and your presentation is gorgeous!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — August 26, 2013 @ 6:31 pm

These are perfect for a baby shower. Absolutely beautiful!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — August 26, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

Love these watermelon bites, so perfect for Aggie’s Shower! Thanks for all of your hard work putting this together!!

Jersey Girl Cooks — August 28, 2013 @ 2:48 pm

What yummy little bites. Great picture of you and Aggie!

TidyMom — August 29, 2013 @ 4:46 am

Sandy I love this! we are having a party next week and this would be a perfect easy dish!

Flavia — August 29, 2013 @ 7:43 am

Love this fresh appetizer, Sandy! It makes such a beautiful presentation. Thank you for inviting me to participate in this baby shower for Aggie. Too bad we couldn’t all do it in person–how super fun would that be?!

leslie — August 30, 2013 @ 5:02 am

what a lovely and easy appetizer for Aggies shower!

Deborah — August 30, 2013 @ 10:36 am

This looks like the perfect appetizer, and I’m dying over that basil olive oil!

1. Pingback: Italian Basil Sparkling Lemonade | Namely Marly

2. Pingback: Peach Sorbet Bellini and Spritzer | Food for My Family

3. Pingback: Baby Boy Joy & Fortune Cookies — Tickled Red

4. Pingback: Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Crostini | TidyMom

5. Pingback: Herbed Israeli Couscous Salad with Tomato and Mozzarella - Rachel Cooks

6. Pingback: 3 Ingredient Refreshing Pineapple Italian Ice Recipe

7. Pingback: Italian Sodas and a Virtual Baby Shower | Real Mom KitchenReal Mom Kitchen

8. Pingback: Crostata di Mango - Cake Duchess — Cake Duchess

9. Pingback: Roasted Banana and Nutella S'mores Bruschetta - Picky Palate

10. Pingback: Italian Chopped Salad in a Jar {with Creamy Caesar Dressing}

11. Pingback: Vanilla Bean Scones

12. Pingback: Toasted Coconut Milkshakes . . . and Babies! | Bev Cooks

13. Pingback: Pesto Caprese Fried Wontons | the little kitchen

14. Pingback: Eclectic Recipes » Lemon Cream Soda

15. Pingback: Caprese Salad Made with Mozzarella Crisps

16. Pingback: Prosciutto Wrapped Melon Balls | bell' alimento

17. Pingback: Chickpea, Avocado, & Feta Salad | Chickpea Salad Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod

18. Pingback: I’m Surprised!! A Virtual Baby Shower… For My Baby Boy and Me! | Aggie's Kitchen

19. Pingback: Bruschetta & a SURPRISE Baby Shower for Aggie!