Pear Quinoa Salad for The Lemon Bowl’s Baby
My friend Liz, from The Lemon Bowl blog, is having a baby boy!
Today I’m sharing a Pear Quinoa Salad that I’ll be bringing to Liz’s baby shower!
Since we’re virtually celebrating Liz’s shower, Kristen, Sheila, and Rachel coordinated a group of bloggers to share together in this lovely event, with an outstanding baby shower menu! (Link to recipes at the bottom of this post.)
Liz and I first met on a brand trip in Carmel, CA, earlier this year, and she was just newly pregnant. She’s not only a breath of fresh air, but truly a giving, warm and vibrant person who loves to blog and share healthy recipes. If you haven’t checked out her site and her “weightless story” – it’s worth a click over.
Showers are fun, but buying the soft, cuddly gifts are even more fun for me. And a potluck shower is delicious, too. Everyone gets to participate which makes it easy on the hostess!
I love to think of this group of bloggers gathering together “in real life,” celebrating Liz and her new baby boy, and enjoying each other’s fabulous dishes.
I hope you enjoy my contribution: A quinoa salad with fresh pear. It’s pear season here in Oregon, and having so many local orchards and pears to choose from, this dish is perfect for the season. It’s very easy, light, and I like leaving the skins of the pears on. Just slice and serve!
So, Liz, this salad and THIS DAY is for you!
Enjoy, and we can’t wait for Baby Boy Croce to arrive and to join your wonderful family!
What’s your favorite salad to take to a baby shower?
Yield: 8 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes I cook quinoa ahead of time using my rice cooker. One cup of quinoa to 1.5 cups of water! Easy!
Pear Quinoa Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
I cook quinoa ahead of time using my rice cooker. One cup of quinoa to 1.5 cups of water! Easy!
Enjoy more recipes from Liz’s blogging friends:
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table