Farmer’s Red Potato Salad Recipe and WIN a Trip Giveaway!
This Farmer’s Red Potato Salad Recipe is delicious for any summer party or potluck!
This post is sponsored by Black Gold Farms.
*THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
Who would like to go on a trip with me?
Today I’m giving away a trip for ONE winner to come with me to the heart of rural America, to visit Black Gold Farms for a farm tour! The trip is next month, June 24-26 with all *expenses paid, for me and one of my followers.
Read on for how to enter to win …
It’s a very exciting adventure for me–and possibly you– to visit Black Gold Farms and to meet the Halverson family and learn more how Hallie Halverson planted his first crop of potatoes on the home farm near Forest River, N.D., in 1928.
The trip includes a fabulous tour and a farm-cooked meal with the farmers. You’ll be spending 2 nights with me and a small select group of bloggers, including Heidi from Foodie Crush, and Angie from Big Bear’s Wife, plus their 2 winners! So fun!
We’re going to learn more about the farms, and how they not only sustain themselves and the land they cultivate, but they help feed the world! I’m looking forward to learning more about fresh grown white chippers, golds, fingerlings, sweet potatoes, and reds. Which, speaking of reds, I did get a bag of goodies in the mail, including a 5 pound bag of reds, and you’re going to LOVE my recipe I’m sharing with you today! I really enjoy learning about where our food comes from, so this is going to be a fantastic experience.
All you have to do to enter is:
1. Comment on this post
Come back and tell me. It’s that easy!
ANSWER this question:
What’s your favorite way to use “red potatoes” in a salad?
Now for the fantastic recipe.
*THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Congrats to Sommer who’s the lucky winner.
Just look how fresh these ingredients are! I added corn, but you can also add black beans or any other farm/garden veggies.
So many options …
I mixed and matched a few recipes together and I used what I had in my fridge!
The secret is in the sauce, right?
You can prepare the potatoes a day or two in advance (do not over cook them) and let them marinate in the sauce!
So easy – and the flavor is out of this world!
Farmer's Red Potato Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
You can serve this dish at room temperature just after it's tossed together, or make it ahead, refrigerate, and serve chilled. You can also add a can of black beans.
- 2 1/2 pounds Black Gold Farms Red Potatoes, cut into 1" chunks
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1 cup green beans, blanched and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup small heirloom tomatoes or grape tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, cut in half
- 4-5 hard cooked eggs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh tarragon, basil, and dill
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (Trader Joe's White Balsamic Vinegar is excellent!)
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a medium size pan for the potatoes. Once the water comes to boil, add the potatoes until the potatoes are soft (fork tender), 8 minutes or so. Drain; set aside.
- While the potatoes are boiling, in a small bowl, whisk together the salad dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the cooled potatoes and marinate the day before (for better flavor), or the day of. Leave a few tablespoons of dressing to drizzle over the top before serving.
- At the same time, in a smaller pan, boil water for the green beans. When the water comes to a boil, add the green beans for 2 minutes. Use a collander and hold under cold water under the sink until green beans are cooler or immediately put into ice water.
- Boil the 4 eggs and cool. Peel and quarter right before serving.
- Chop the other ingredients, including the fresh herbs. Leave some fresh leaves out to garnish the salad with.
- Right before serving, add all of the ingredients to the already marinated potatoes. Toss together and serve, drizzling the last 2 Tb. of dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Other Better with Reds Potato Recipes:
Roasted Potato Salad with Bacon Dressing from Foodie Crush
Red Potato and Shrimp Hash from Big Bear’s Wife
6 Amazing Recipes with Red Potatoes from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Shrimp Boil with Mushrooms and Dill from Cook the Story
and Crawfish Boil Recipe from Cook the Story
Giveaway Rules: This contest is open to US residents 18 years or older and ends Tuesday, 5/28/13 at 11:59 pm. MST. WInner will be randomly drawn and notified by valid email address and must respond within 24 hours or a new winner will be selected. Winner must be able to travel to the farm in Missouri June 24-26, 2013. Winner must be able to purchase his/her own plane ticket, but will be reimbursed for travel expenses within 7 days of receipt of expense report to Black Gold Farm. All hotel, meals and transportation costs will be covered by Black Gold Farm. Winner will be also announced on RE Facebook page on Wed. 5/29/13.