4th July Easy Sugar Cookie Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
For the Fourth of July, serve Easy Sugar Cookie Bars with red, white, and blue fresh berries on top. Made with a delicious cream cheese frosting!
Friends, this is the BEST fruit pizza recipe–made with any kind of fruit on top, with a dreamy cream cheese frosting! I promise, it’s a family favorite. I’d say “crowd-pleaser” but now with our gatherings being smaller, we’re not really cooking for the crowds, are we?
Easy Sugar Cookie Bars
We still love a big family or friend gathering through! And we’ll be hosting for the 4th of July this year, and serving this Sugar Cookie Bars recipe!
What to serve this year for the 4th?
Dessert? Easy Sugar Cookie Bars and Millie’s Old Fashioned Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream! (Millie is my mom!)
What are Sugar Cookie Bars?
This recipe crust is made up of 5 ingredients:
- Powdered sugar
- Almond extract
The cream cheese frosting is made up of:
- White chocolate chips
- Heavy cream
- Light Cream Cheese
Add your favorite toppings
Sugar Cookie Bars are baked on a cookie sheet, and then frosted with a thick white chocolate chip frosting.
Change up the frosting color and sprinkles, or the seasonal berries, according to the occasion or holiday!
We love this dessert with fresh blueberries!
Fresh summer blueberries
I’m a huge blueberry fan, and I came across this that I had written in my journal awhile back from Jack London in 1906:
“I shall never forget the first time I saw blueberries served on the table. I had never seen blueberries before, and yet, at the sight of them, there leaped up in my mind memories of dreams wherein I had wandered through swampy land, eating my fill of them. My mother set before me a dish of the berries. I filled my spoon, but before I raised it to my mouth, I knew just how they would taste. Nor was I disappointed. It was the same tang that I had tasted a thousand times in my sleep.” –The Complete Novels by Jack London
How to make Sugar Cookie Bars
- Prep your pan with cooking spray. Grease either a quarter sheet pan, a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, or a 12-inch round pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Make the sugar cookie dough with 3 simple ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon—no hand or standup mixer needed!
- Press the dough into the baking pan.
- TIP: Spray your fingertips with cooking spray as you press the crust.
- That’s it—bake and cool!
Now for the cream cheese frosting
- Whisk together the frosting ingredients until smooth. I like to melt (on 50%) in the microwave the chips to get them soft, and then do the same for a few seconds with the cream cheese.
- The frosting comes together very nice and smooth.
- Spread on top of the cookie crust.
- Prepare your fruit (wash and dry) and lay down on the bars. Do this while it’s semi-wet, so the berries will stick to the frosting.
Best served immediately, but okay to make a few hours ahead.
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- 4th of July: Festive red and blue berries. Or get creative and make a flag, with white coconut or bananas, and berries.
- Valentine’s Day: Red cherries, strawberries, or raspberries in the shape of a heart. Or, add anything chocolate, or candy!
- Easter: Make an egg with fruit or berries or pastel M&Ms.
- Halloween: Candy corn!
- Thanksgiving: Use fruit or candy to spell out “GIVE THANKS”.
- Christmas: Make a wreath or tree on top with candy or fruit.
You can also make individual bars!
Have fun creating, and ENJOY!
Easy Sugar Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 11 oz. package white chips
- ¼ cup cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, we used light cream cheese
- Berries: blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- For the crust: Mix the first 5 ingredients well and press onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- For the filling (next 3 ingredients): Melt the chips in the microwave or stove top; soften the cream cheese. Mix together and add the cream. Stir until smooth. Spread onto the cooled crust.
- Arrange a variety of berries (or favorite toppings) on top while the frosting is soft.
- Dessert should be served within 24 hours (or the crust gets soft).
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.