Adobo Carne Asada Tacos Recipe
Enjoy Adobo Carne Asada Tacos recipe for Taco Tuesday or any casual meal. Serve with a side of easy creamy grilled peppers and onion (rajas).
Just in time for end-of-summer hosting, enjoy this Adobo Carne Asada Tacos recipe today! Optional to serve with a side of Rajas (creamy grilled peppers and onions) – recipe coming soon!
Final serving: Serve meat with fresh cilantro, cotija cheese, guacamole, and lime!
You may have watched my recent Instagram story, where we indulged in these little beauties when Abby was home last week.
Adobo Carne Asada Tacos Recipe
We had them a few weeks ago and served them for Taco Tuesday, too. This marinade is deliciously spicy and sweet. It also works wonderfully for chicken thighs!
What are Adobo Carne Asada Tacos?
Carne asada tacos are flank steak tacos with a few simple ingredients and tons of flavor. Just add some cotija cheese, cilantro and guacamole to the delicious meat. These are authentic and similar to the street tacos you’d find in Mexico.
What is a street taco?
In a way, these are sort of a street taco. Street tacos are more traditional tacos, with grilled or pan-fried meat. American-style tacos often have crispy shells, like my Epic Taco Recipe Dinner Board.
Putting together the perfect dinner party
I know some of you reading this are hostesses with the mostest. You love putting together the perfect menu, with the perfect guest list, and the perfect table setting. That is your gift, and I am so glad. I enjoy doing that myself.
There is nothing like a good dinner party, with every detail lovingly planned out. When we moved over to Bend a few years ago, I stopped with so many details and went for a more casual style of hosting. Except for the odd special larger dinner party, like this Bread and Wine dinner, or holiday hosting, we are casual over here in our neck of the woods.
People love casual hosting
I found that people just love a dinner invite, one where they feel special and loved. Good food always helps. But honestly, keep it simple, friends!
But Most of the time what I long for even more is to simply be invited in, no matter what your house looks like or what the menu is!
For serving, you can make Rajas (recipe coming soon), and serve the tacos with warm tortillas, Cotija cheese, cilantro, and guacamole!
What we want most is an invitation into real life, come as you are, come into our home and get to know us.
And more importantly, we want to get to know you!
And then even more importantly, to enjoy a great meal together.
Happy Taco Tuesday!
Adobo Carne Asada Tacos
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 small sweet onion roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. canola vegetable or avocado oil
- 1 4 oz can green chilles
- 1 Tbsp Mexican oregano
- 10 canned chipotles in adobo roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1- 1/2 lb trimmed flank steak cut crosswise into 4 steaks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Warm tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onions, and cook, until slightly browned and charred—8-10 minutes. Add remaining chiles, oregano, chipotles, and lime. Mix until warmed, then transfer to a blender. Add the honey and remaining 1 Tbsp of oil, and blend until smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add in the steaks—toss with your hands to fully coat. Cover with plastic wrap and allow meat to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Oil the grill well. Remove excess marinade from the steaks, then lay each one on the grill and cook for 4 minutes each side (8 minutes total). Allow meat to rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Serve meat with fresh cilantro, cotija cheese, guacamole, and lime!