Cheesy Bread Bites
Perfect as a snack, for sharing over the holidays and special events, or to serve on pasta night, Cheesy Bread Bites are bite-sized cubes of cheesy goodness! With plenty of flavor, these tasty bites are easy to make, and you can make them in advance, so all you need to do is sit back and nibble!
I love getting creative in the kitchen, and these Cheesy Bread Bites are one of my favorite creations. You start with cubes of bread, dip them into a creamy egg batter, and then roll them in cheese before baking – what’s not to love?
Cheesy Bread Bites
With big Parmesan flavor in every bite and a bit of garlic to go along with the other flavors, this easy dish is perfect as a side dish, appetizer or snack. I love putting out a dish of these with some marinara sauce for dipping or serving them on pizza or pasta night.
These bites are also great on the holidays. From Christmas to New Year’s Eve, everybody loves dipping and dunking these cheesy bites!
Why I love this recipe
- This is a fun and tasty alternative to breadsticks or garlic bread.
- You can cook them ahead of time and then just pop them back into the oven to warm up before serving.
- Cheesy Bread Bites are the perfect side dish to so many different dishes, but they’re also a fabulous and deliciously different snack.
Gather these ingredients
- Bread – You need about 16 thick-cut slices of dense bread, like brioche with a harder crust.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Garlic salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese – You want powdered Parm, like Kraft grated Parm in the green container.
- Nonstick cooking spray
How to make Cheesy Bread Bites
- Preheat your oven to 400-F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch bite-sized cubes and set them aside.
- Whisk the cream, eggs, garlic salt, black pepper, and Everything But The Bagel Seasoning in a large bowl.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to another bowl or large plate.
- Transfer the bread cubes to a large bowl or platter, pour the cream mixture over the top, and gently toss to coat. Work in batches if you need to.
- Allow the bread to soak for 1 minute, but don’t let it get too soggy, or the cubes might fall apart.
- Transfer a few cubes at a time to the bowl of grated Parmesan cheese and toss to coat, then set them on the prepared baking sheet.
- When the baking sheet is full, bake in a 400-F oven for 3-4 minutes, then turn the cubes over and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until crispy.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce for dipping, and enjoy!
Tips & substitutions
- The right bread is key. Bakery bread is denser and will hold up better to the egg-cream custard than sandwich bread. A good crust helps, too.
- You can use half-and-half cream if you want to lighten the bread cubes up a bit.
- Grated, powdery Parmesan cheese works best. Now’s a great time to get that container out from the back of your fridge!
- Pop the cubes under the broiler for a minute or two if they’re not crisping up nicely.
You can serve these Cheesy Bread Bites with your favorite marinara, pesto, or ranch sauce for dipping. I also love serving them beside tomato soup, and they’re fabulous when served with Lemon Chicken Pasta. I’ve also added them to boards, like this Tuscan Tortellini Salad board. They go with everything but are also perfect just for nibbling!
These are best eaten fresh out of the oven when they’re hot and crispy, but if you do have leftovers, pop them into an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Warm them in the oven before eating the leftovers.
Check out these awesome bites recipes while you’re here
Get the Recipe:
Cheesy Bread Bites
- 1 loaf dense bread (16 slices), big loaf of Brioche bread with a dense harder crust - you might need 2 loaves
- 1 ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- Black cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- 3 cups powdered Kraft Parmesan cheese, or fresh, finely, finely grated into a powder
- Non Stick Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut bread into small, one-inch bite sized cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, garlic salt, black pepper, and Everything but the Bagel Seasoning.
- In a large bowl, add the parmesan cheese powder.
- Pour the cream mixture over the bread cubes and gently toss to coat, to absorb the moisture but do NOT let the bread get soggy or fall apart. You can add in batches if you need to.
- Allow bread to soak for 1 minute, and then add a few at a time to the bowl of cheese and gently toss to coat. Remove to the prepared baking sheet.
- When the baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for 3-4 minutes, turning the pieces over. Bake for an additional 4-5 minutes until nice and crispy. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with marinara sauce and Ranch dressing, or your favorite dipping sauces.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...