Transporting Hot Dips and Chicken Wing Dip Recipe
Even though Christmas is over, there are still New Year’s parties and dinners out with friends. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. My niece brought this delicious dip to our dinner party last week and all I can say is, WOW! My kids all asked if I’d make it again, and I think it might be one of our new favorites, especially for football parties. It’s called Chicken Wing Dip and it has a bit of a kick to it that makes it zippy and so tasty!
My favorite part of the holidays have been getting together with family and friends. So many parties and gatherings, I think I need an entertaining break now. :) It does get tiring hosting, so my goal this next week is to get my house back in order, chill with the family, and we’ve actually been invited out to some other parties, not at our house! YAY!
Everyone mingles around the appetizers, and guests love to nosh on hot dips, so this recipe today is perfect for those who come with a big appetite. It’s versatile and easy to transport because it can be served hot or cold, although I think hot is the best, eaten with crackers, or scooped onto bread. You can serve it with carrot or celery sticks, even as a side on burgers, tomatoes, or in lettuce wraps.
Hot, bubbly, and brimming with chicken, cream cheese, and yummy cheddar and blue cheese, it’s hearty and my new make-ahead favorite.
Lisa brought it in a mini crock pot to keep it bubbly hot and delicious!
How to transport Hot Dips to a party:
1. Bring in a small slow cooker.
2. Bring in a hot baking stone.
3. Bring in a baking pan and pop in the oven to heat up before serving.
4. Bring in a microwavable pan but make sure and heat the dip on 50% power. (Most dips with cheese or cream cheese need to be heated slowly in the microwave).
New Year’s and football parties are right around the corner, so I just may be making this dip as one of our appetizer options!
What’s your favorite hot dip to bring to a party?
Lisa's Chicken Wing Dip Recipe
Yummy served hot or cold. Use your favorite chicken wing sauce!
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 pound skinless chicken breast (about 1 1/2 cups), shredded
- 4-8 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chicken wing sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- Bake or broil the chicken and shred with a fork. You can also use rotisserie chicken breast.
- Mix together all ingredients in a baking dish or pan.
- Top with cheese and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until melted through and warm for dipping.
Originally from RunRideEat blogAll images and text ©