Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are made with Simply Ground Peanut Butter, delicious for quick and impromptu gatherings!
Growing up, my parents were hospitality pros. I have so many great memories of people coming into our home for a good meal, staying late into the evening, just talking. The good ol’ days.
I assumed that when I had my own home, it too, would be the gathering place for all my friends. And it has been. Especially for casual meals, I am not a fan of the complicated. I really do embrace impromptu when I have a few easy recipes that I can make for drop-in guests, like these Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps that I’m sharing today!
Being ready for hospitality
One tip is to keep ingredients, like Peter Pan Simply Ground Peanut Butter (15-ounce jars), stocked in my pantry. Peter Pan’s wide mouth jars are especially good for dipping and snacking, when you want a healthy aspect to your hospitality. Or, if you use for dipping vegetables or fruit, there’s no need to stir this peanut butter before you enjoy it. (One of my pet peeves.)
What I love about Simply Ground is that it spreads like a creamy peanut butter, but has a crunch-like texture. So instead of having to buy or chop peanuts for these lettuce wraps, Peter Pan Simply Ground is already creamy, with a bit of crunch for the dressing. Perfect!
On a healthy note, Simply Ground has great taste, simple ingredients, and it’s an economical way to keep protein in your family’s diet. It has no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, with zero trans fats per serving. It’s gluten free, cholesterol free and kosher certified, and perfect for snack time or meal time. It comes in two varieties, Original and Honey Roasted, which would also be delicious in this recipe today. Doesn’t it sound delicious? It is!
I love to feed people. It’s what I learned from my parents, and it’s fun. And when people come over, there’s usually food involved.
Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For these Chicken Lettuce Wraps, simply make the peanut-inspired dressing, chop the chicken and vegetables, and then mix together and let the guests assemble.
Set out drinks, fruit, and the ingredients.
And let your guests dive in!
- 1/2 cup Peter Pan Simply Ground Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili paste, or some other hot sauce (optional)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat chopped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head Boston bibb lettuce
- Make the dressing in a food processor or blender by adding the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, oil, lime juice, vinegar, honey, sugar, soy sauce. Blend until smooth; salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the wraps. In a large bowl, toss the chicken, cabbage, carrots, bell pepper and cilantro. Add dressing to taste and toss. Arrange lettuce and fill each with a scoop of the chicken. Serve!
Follow Peter Pan on Facebook!
This post is sponsored by Peter Pan, but as always, all opinions are my own.
More Lettuce Wrap Recipes:
Lettuce Wraps from The Pioneer Woman
Crunchy Southwest Lettuce Wraps from A Farmgirl’s Dabble
BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Lettuce Wraps from How Sweet it is