Meatball Chicken Lettuce Wraps Plate
This most may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A make-your-own Meatball Chicken Lettuce Wraps Plate. Use Boston lettuce, pre-made chicken meatballs, teriyaki sauce, and fresh ingredients!
Friends, enjoy a beautiful Teriyaki Meatball Chicken Lettuce Wraps Plate to serve for a lunch or light dinner, a great dish for casual weekend hosting. [Also check out my Mango Salsa Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps.]
What I love about a Chicken Lettuce Wraps Plate:
- This board is So fresh and easy to make, not to mention, it is beautiful. Add or subtract any desired ingredients.
- Don’t forget you can buy pre-made frozen meatballs at the grocery store. Find your favorite brand and flavors. We used (and keep in the freezer) Aidells Chicken Meatballs, Teriyaki-Pineapple.
- Don’t shy away from loading the herbs on the wrap, as they are the best part, and provide SO much flavor!
What lettuce do you use for wraps?
We always use Boston or butter leaf lettuce, like in these Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps. You can also use iceberg, which is great for Asian wraps.
Any lettuce that is nice and crisp, but know that the softer the lettuice (like butter lettuce), the easier it is to fold and roll the lettuce!
Dinner boards for easy hosting
One of the things I love about charcuterie boards or dinner boards are how they bring people together. Like, people get close to one another, to get their hand in and grab a nibble, or make a taco or a lettuce wrap, or whatever food you are serving.
It reminds me of this quote from Shauna Niequest.
“When you offer peace instead of division, when you offer faith instead of fear, when you offer someone a place at your table instead of keeping them out because they’re different or messy or wrong somehow…You represent the heart of Christ.” – Shauna Niequist, Bread & Wine
Getting to know people
It makes me think of the question, how can we represent a heart of love today?
With so much division in the world, it doesn’t really matter which side who is on.
What matters to us is getting to know people. There’s so much to get to know about people, and to really listen to their stories and their hearts.
Serve food to your people. Whoever these people are in your community … new, old, simple acquaintances, neighbors.
Get to Know People!
Here’s an easy recipe idea today: Meatball Chicken Lettuce Wraps Plate.
For this plate we used these ingredients:
Meatballs with a teriyaki sauce, cucumbers, shredded carrots, radishes, cilantro, mint, basil, green onion, avocados, mangos, butter lettuce, peanuts, and lime!
Again, you can order these meatballs online! We used 2 packs for this recipe: Aidells Chicken Meatballs, Teriyaki-Pineapple, 12 oz.
- The meatballs are fully cooked.
- Made with bits of real pineapple, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Easy to freeze (for a quick dinner like these chicken lettuce wraps!)
- All-natural, minimally processed chicken; no artificial ingredients
Meatball Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Over the years, I’ve really changed my hosting. I mean, not the way I invite, but how I serve the food.
Most of the time it’s pretty casual.
Set out a dish like this, have your friends bring wine …
And serve Fried Angel Food Ganache Strawberry Shortcake for dessert! YUM!
Meatball Chicken Lettuce Wraps Plate
- 24 oz. chicken teriyaki pineapple meatballs
- 1/4 c. Teriyaki or General Tso's Sauce, from Trader Joes
- 3 baby cucumbers, cut into strips
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced (using mandolin)
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint
- Fresh basil
- Sliced green onion
- 2 avocados
- 2 mangoes, cut into strips
- Teriyaki, Siracha, or other favorite dipping sauce
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Assemble all fresh ingredients on your platter--cucumbers, shredded carrots, radishes, lettuce, mango, peanuts, dipping sauce, avocados, fresh herbs, and lime wedges—leaving room in the center for the meatballs. [You can set the plate down to fill up space while you are cooking the meatballs.]
- Next, bake meatballs for 12 minutes in the oven (or follow baking instructions for meatballs on package if instructions vary).
- Once baked, remove from oven and toss in 1/4 cup sauce. Plate in the center of the board and garnish with green onion. Assemble ingredients on lettuce leaf and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.