Easy Chicken Rice Layered Salad
A delicious weeknight meal or potluck dish, enjoy this Easy Chicken Rice Layered Salad, made with fresh ingredients. Serve with chips and salsa!
Friends, we had our first snow this past weekend … in September. Now that is a first for me! I’m still daydreaming about fall, and the beauty of the meadows, the warm sunshine in the afternoon, the cool autumn breezes, and the aspens in full color.
Last week we sat outside and at a casual bowl of this easy Chicken Rice Layered Salad for dinner, amazed at what we were seeing!
I also love the sunset down at the lodge, and the beautiful Sunriver horses.
This is my favorite meadow to visit where I live.
Layered Salad recipes
Chicken Rice Layered Salad
Today we’re sharing one that is great for a weeknight dinner!
When I’m cooking, I’ll often take leftovers (like rice and chicken) and grab my glass parfait dish.
Then layer ingredients I have in the fridge, and serve it for dinner that night.
How to serve a layered salad
Of course, you may ask, but how do you serve this salad?
I get it made, refrigerate it, and then right before serving, I dump it into a very large bowl.
Then it’s up to you, as you can either toss it lightly with dressing, or set out dressing and let everyone dress their own.
Back to the beautiful meadows. I found this hymn that warmed (literally) my soul, as it was snowing yesterday.
I hope you’ll enjoy it.
A true song of praise!
For the Beauty of Meadows
For the beauty of meadows, for grandeur of trees,
For flowers of woodlands, for creatures of seas,
For all You created and gave us to share,
We praise You, Creator, extolling Your care.
As stewards of beauty received at Your hand,
As creatures who hear Your most urgent command,
We turn from our wasteful destruction of life,
Confessing our failures, confessing our strife.
Teach us once again to be gardeners in peace;
All nature around us is ours but on lease;
Your name we would hallow in all that we do,
Fulfilling our calling, creating with You.
Chicken Rice Layered Salad
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken chopped
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup corn salsa (Trader Joe’or regular corn drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion thinly slices
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 cup guacamole
- Red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Favorite salad dressing such as Lime Cilantro, Poppyseed, or Thousand Island
- In a large glass parfait dish, layer the above ingredients, ending with the guacamole on top.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro; cover with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lightly toss with your favorite dressing. Serve with chips and salsa!