Magnolia Table Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
A classic egg salad sandwich served open-faced or topped with a second slice of bread, or skip the bread and make a lettuce wrap! This Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe is from the cookbook: Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines. With an added touch of grated onion and your favorite pickles, this recipe never goes out of style!
Friends, are you an Egg Salad Sandwich recipe lover? Then you’ll not only love this Magnolia Table Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe today, but a short book review of Joanna Gaines’ new book, Magnolia Table: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering, which I adore. (Click the link to buy your own copy!)
In fact, I adore it so much, today I’m giving away a copy over on my Instagram! YAY! A great Mother’s Day gift idea (or keep it for yourself). Click here, to enter and follow the easy steps.
Egg Salad Sandwich
Even though it’s springtime, egg salad sandwich recipes are actually something I enjoy all year long. We tend to think, let’s make it after Easter, with all the leftover eggs, but eggs are so easy to boil and keep on hand (love a soft boiled egg for a snack). This recipe is super easy, and delicious. And, it reminds me a lot of my childhood.
Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Start off with a good method of boiling the eggs. My method is tried and true and never disappoints.
Mix the ingredients together, and I love Joanna’s spin of grating the onion. So tasty.
There’s just something about good old fashioned mayo, too, that seems to hold this recipe together. Give it a whirl and see what you think!
My friend Kristy and I are huge egg salad sandwich lovers, and the more more mustard, the better.
It’s an easy recipe, quite basic actually, and it makes me think of my trip to Downton Abbey and these Downton Abbey Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches, a few years ago.
This Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe is great as a sandwich of course, but it can also be served open-faced, in a lettuce wrap, as a appetizer on bruschetta or even spooned onto endive. YUM!
Magnolia Table: A Collection of Recipes for Gathering
Magnolia Table is a cookbook infused with Joanna Gaines’ warmth and passion for food, family, and feasting on life. It’s a classic, with 125 recipes that I can’t wait to try! And I love the story with each recipe!
Did I mention classic comfort selections, like Chicken Pot Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fried Chicken with Sticky Poppy Seed Jam, and Mac and Cheese? I can’t wait to make her Lemon Pie for Mother’s Day!
Jo believes “there’s no better way to celebrate family and friendship than through the art of togetherness, celebrating tradition, and sharing a great meal.”
Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 8 large eggs – hard or soft boiled, peeled, cooled
- 1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use Best Foods or Hellman’s)
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 Tbsp. grated onion
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 slices of wheat bread (we buy Dave’s Killer Bread)
- 4-8 leaves butter lettuce
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Gently place the eggs, one by one with a spoon, to the bottom of the pan. Bring back to a boil and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes; pour out the water and replace with cold water. Do this 2-3 times. Let stand until completely cool. Under running cold water, peel the eggs (the peel will come off perfectly).
- Chop the eggs and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mayonnaise, pickle, onion, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and gently fold in. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refridgerator for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- To assemble, top bread with a generous amount of egg salad, lettuce and tomatoes. Either serve open-faced or top with a second slice of bread. Optional to skip the bread and make lettuce wraps!
Adapted from Magnolia Table, Joanna GainesAll images and text ©
This post has affiliate links. Every purchase from these links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you!