Bush’s Stuffed Garbanzo Bean and Chicken Wrap
The arrival of spring for my husband and me means establishing good eating habits, as we’re working hard in the yard and garden, and coming up with new, fresh ways to eat healthy, like today’s Stuffed Garbanzo Bean and Chicken Wrap.
We love beans, as many of my readers know, and today’s post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans.
We love to eat in the spring time under our back patio, and enjoy the sunshine (the pets always hang around, too), before it gets too hot.
Reach for a can of beans.
Whether a salad, sandwich or a wrap, I often reach for a can of beans to add to the meal, many times enjoying a vegetarian experience. This time I combined chicken and chick peas and, by the way, the Bush’s Garbanzo Beans also come in “reduced sodium,” if that is something you weren’t aware of.
Mash, add chicken, enjoy.
I mashed half of the beans, added all the ingredients, then added the rest of the beans, and we enjoyed a delicious Garbanzo Bean and Chicken Wrap.
I’ll for sure be making this mixture up in the summer months, to keep in the fridge for easy access to make a quick wrap!
I love quick and easy for spring and summertime lunches.
What is your favorite bean to include in a lunch dish?
Bush's Stuffed Garbanzo Bean and Chicken Wrap
- 1 16 ounce can BUSH’S® Garbanzo Beans, drained (also available in reduced sodium)
- 4 or 6 8-inch tortillas
- 1/2 cup micro greens or shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup Italian or Greek dressing
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup chicken cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 small tomato cored and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 avocado sliced
- Place half the beans in a saucepan; mash gently with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Stir in remaining whole beans; heat through. Cover and set aside.
- Arrange tortillas on counter, place micro greens (or lettuce) evenly in the center of each. Mix yogurt and dressing in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except avocado) with bean mixture, adding the yogurt and dressing mixture last.
- Divide mixture onto prepared tortillas. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up tightly. Serve warm or cold, with slices of avocado.
This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans; as always, all opinions are my own.