Tahini Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Tahini Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a great weeknight meal, served with quinoa, garbanzo beans, tahini, and delicious spices. With a fork, mash the center of each sweet potato, filling with quinoa and chickpeas! Make a creamy tahini dressing and drizzle on top! You just may want to go back for seconds!
A friend stopped by this past week (we don’t get a lot of company where we live), and I’m glad I took the time to sit and chat for a bit. Our lives get busy, but each day we are reminded of unplanned moments that come our way, where we can be intentional with our time.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I had just started making these Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, but I was surprised by how much joy this little visit brought me!
This quote from 1906? Priceless.
“People need joy quite as much as clothing. Some of them need it far more.” —Margaret Collier Graham
Oh, by the way, she asked me: What is tahini? I explained it’s a Middle Eastern paste (or sauce) made from ground sesame seeds. So good, and also yummy mashed with garbanzo beans for this black bean hummus.
Make real connections
Slowing down, make real connections with people around us (not just online) and just serving those in front of us is a great way to show love. My heart wells up with joy when I’m not thinking about myself, but I’m investing in others.
A simple recipe for dinner this week, Tahini Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, is a vegetarian dish. What I love about vegetarian recipes is you can always add protein (in this cake ground turkey or beef). YUM!
Prep ahead for recipes
Let’s talk cooking PREP today! Do you ever think ahead to what you’ll be making for dinner the next day, and while you’re cooking dinner, you prepare for the next night’s meal?
What I have found really helps me, which involves a little planning, is to do all the prep-work that I can the day before. For this meal, I cooked the quinoa ahead (I was making this Chicken Quinoa Black Bean Bake Casserole), and drained the garbanzo beans (I was making a Garbanzo Bean Bacon Chopped Salad for lunch).
Everything placed in Ziploc bags or containers.
Reheat or throw things in the oven or assemble! Done!
I can have more time in the day of the event to sit and read or do things I want to be doing, rather than being the busy bee around the kitchen all day. Or, to be ready if an unplanned visitor knocks on my door!
I’m trying to be more intentional this week with meal planning, so little tips like these help me out!
Tahini Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Tahini Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a great Vegetarian meal, served with quinoa, garbanzo beans, tahini, and delicious spices.
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut in half
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/3 c coconut milk
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On large pan, place halved sweet potatoes, and coat in about 2 Tbsp oil, poking a few shallow holes in the top with a fork. Place potatoes in oven for 45-55 minutes. Bake until soft, then remove and allow to cool.
- In large sauce pan, heat 2 Tbsp oil and add chickpeas. Cook for about 10 minutes before adding cooked quinoa to pan. Stir in all spices, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Open can of coconut milk—make sure the cream at the top and liquid at the bottom are mixed together. In medium bowl, combine tahini, coconut aminos, a pinch of salt, and coconut milk. Whisk until smooth.
- With a fork, mash the center of the sweet potato, making sure to leave the edges intact. Fill center with quinoa and chickpeas, then top with coconut tahini dressing and fresh cilantro.
More “stuffed” recipes: Taco-Stuffed Peppers Recipe [RE], Wild Rice Stuffed Salmon [Belly Full], Avocado Pesto Stuffed Shells [A Spicy Perspective], and Crock Pot Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatballs [Sugar-Free Mom].