How to Serve an Outdoor Breakfast with Greek Scrambled Egg Pockets

Spring is for sure in the air, as our family worked in the yard all weekend stringing lights, blowing, mowing, cleaning, planting … you name it. It takes work to get ready for spring and summertime entertaining, but once the hard work is done, it’s so worth it.

I cleaned off the back patio, making room for guests–any time of the day.

This time snipping fresh tulips from the front yard.

Pulling out a summery entertaining tray.

And fresh yellow napkins.

Sometimes I’m not too good with final garnishing and presentation details, because I know my guests are waiting and I want to serve the food while it’s hot. But I have learned to think ahead to the serving dishes that I may be using and to set them out in advance.

This time, it took me about 15 minutes to pull breakfast together and serve it to my guests on our back patio.

Easy Greek Scrambled Egg Pockets, served in this long white serving dish.

So easy to make.

Simple presentation.

Bright and cheery.

Fresh and summery.

Realistically we didn’t even use the plates.

You hear “the secret is in the sauce?” Well, how about, “the secret is in the serving dish?”

Don’t you find that the “right” serving dish can make or break the presentation of the food you are serving?

8 Responses to “How to Serve an Outdoor Breakfast with Greek Scrambled Egg Pockets”

Liz — May 15, 2012 @ 3:15 am

We would love for you to come share your yummy recipe on A Lettered Life. We are attempting our first ever Linky Party…Tasty Tuesday! Please join us! New followers, too!

Darla — May 15, 2012 @ 4:10 am

That is without a doubt the best serving dish for pita pockets that I’ve ever seen. I didn’t think I needed any more dishes but you’ve just proved me wrong.

Spring looks mighty nice at your house.

Darla

Heather @ new house, new home, new life — May 15, 2012 @ 4:54 am

I havent’ seen a serving boat like this, but think I need to add it to my arsenal. Having the proper serving dishes makes all the difference to how the meal comes together. Simple things like gravy boats or a large platter make a simple meal feel special.

Melissa — May 15, 2012 @ 11:32 am

What a brilliant serving piece! This egg dish looks like the perfect recipe to shake up our breakfast routine a bit. I’ll be trying these this week. Thank you!

Patty Perkowski (@PACWP) — May 15, 2012 @ 11:39 am

I found you while reading Jan Udlock’s Blog and so glad I did! Your blog came into my awareness at a time when my family really needs to get out from under life, and let the joy of living come back to us again!

Aggie — May 18, 2012 @ 3:59 am

These are so fun Sandy! Love that serving dish and I loooove your backyard!!

Kirstin — May 18, 2012 @ 2:48 pm

wow! these sound so yummy!

Outdoor Survival — May 29, 2013 @ 4:59 am

Wheat pita bread are rich source of folate, magnesium, selenium and B vitamins. Another big health plus of eating pita is that your digestive system can work perfectly well. The rich amount of fibre in pita can have a great impact on the way your digestive works.