Delicious Carrot Souffle Side Dish Recipe

When the kids were younger, we always had family sit-down dinners on Martin Luther King’s birthday weekend, and my husband would read out loud about the life of MLK –Let the Trumpet Sound and Strength to Love. It was beautiful and challenging as our family would learn–a little more each year– about love and courage.

I miss those years. Life is different now with 2 sons away to college. But it’s good.

I posted about this several years ago on that weekend, as I cooked a special meal with fish from the freezer that our son had caught the summer before, and a NEW delicious side dish recipe that I completely forgot about: Carrot Souffle taken from my friend Carrie Vitt’s book, Deliciously Organic.

It’s a recipe that you always have the ingredients on hand for. I love those kind of recipes!

Doesn’t everyone keep carrots in their fridge?

And you might just say “dessert?” It’s really that good!

The maple flavor with the sweet carrots …

Mm-m-m. Mm-m-m. Mm-m-m.

I actually doubled the recipe, and I’m so glad I did. Except … there wasn’t much leftover!

Have you ever tried carrot souffle?

15 Responses to “Delicious Carrot Souffle Side Dish Recipe”

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — January 23, 2013 @ 5:24 am

Just reading “sons off to college” makes me sad. I’ll be ok when that happens in 16 years right? xo

Elen Grey — January 23, 2013 @ 9:13 am

So making this for a dinner party in February! Thank you.

Kim in MD — January 23, 2013 @ 9:41 am

I have never had carrot souffle’, but it looks and sounds delicious!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — January 23, 2013 @ 2:41 pm

I keep carrots in my fridge at ALL times. This looks amazing, friend!

JulieD — January 23, 2013 @ 2:53 pm

Wow, I have never heard of a carrot souffle before…this looks amazing, Sandy!!

The more I learn about you, the more I love you!! xoxo

Angie — January 23, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

What a special tradition. I want to do something similar when my son is a little older. My grandmother was fortunate to have known his wife and got to have lunch with him once. She said he was truly genuine, definitely not after fame or glory or book deals, just unity and love.

Love the souffle too!

Heather at FarmgirlGourmet — January 23, 2013 @ 3:36 pm

Carrot Souffle? Where has this been all my life? or at least this past summer when my garden was busting with carrots. I can’t wait to make this Sandy. I hope you are enjoying your winter! XOXO

Paula - bell'alimento — January 23, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

We always have carrots in the house (my kids love carrots and ranch to snack on)

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 23, 2013 @ 7:07 pm

I always have carrots in the fridge but I’ve never had anything like this, it looks wonderful!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — January 23, 2013 @ 8:19 pm

I’ve never tried anything like this either, but I think my uber picky 6yo just might try it! Her little nose was orange for the longest time when she was a baby because she refused just about everything outside of carrots.

Lail | With A Spin — January 24, 2013 @ 3:28 am

Great tradition. Can’t wait to start something like that when my daughter is little older. And yes, I always have carrots in the refrigerator. Beautiful dish to try.

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — January 24, 2013 @ 7:44 am

I made a carrot souffle for Thanksgiving during the first couple years of our marriage, and loved it. Thanks for the delicious reminder. Now I need to try this recipe of Carrie’s!

Lady Dorothy — January 24, 2013 @ 9:50 pm

We make carrot souffle for most special occasions. We love it! And, you’re right, it’s almost like having dessert! Our recipe is a bit different, though, so I’d like to try yours to compare. Here’s my daughter’s recipe she actually discovered while on the mission field! http://theprovisionroom.com/2012/11/15/carrot-souffle/

Elen Grey — February 17, 2013 @ 7:55 am

I did make this Friday evening for a V-Day dinner party with another couple. I served it with a roasted turkey breast and fresh steamed green beans…. and a few other courses. :-D Everyone raved about it, and my dear friend snatched your recipe right off the fridge and stuck it in her pocket. We both agreed it would make a great dessert, even though I did reduce the amount of maple syrup. It’s going in the keeper file under “I can’t believe it’s carrots!”

1. Pingback: Plan a Valentine's Day Dinner - Menu and Party Games | reluctantentertainer.com Reluctant Entertainer I Sandy Coughlin - Lifestyle, Entertaining, Food, Recipes, Hospitality and Gardening