Game Day Turkey, Pesto, Onion & Cheese Poppyseed Sliders

Last weekend we hosted 16 for the football game playoffs! We had a blast, ate good food, and enjoyed a beautiful sunny day in the Rogue Valley! (You can still enter to win $100 Coca Cola package, here.!)

That’s Maddy. Go – 49ers!

Our guests loved the sliders that we made. This recipe is great because the night before you can prepare them, cover with foil, and store in the fridge until game day arrives!

My hubby was right there in the kitchen with me.

I like it when he cooks alongside me, because there’s a deeper appreciation for the food we’re eating! :) Oh, by the way, one of his favorite kitchen tools is the “electric knife.”

Here’s our iPhone photos of the process:

So as promised to my guests, here’s our easy-peasy slider recipe!

You can only imagine the variety of ingredients to add to “make it your own,” and that’s exactly what we did.

1. One pan – easy! Ham and Swiss cheese.

2. The other – inspired by Costco’s Turkey Provolone Pesto Sandwich, we made my own creation! Turkey, Pesto, Onion & Cheese Poppyseed Sliders!

There are 2 things that I think make this recipe: the Hawaiian sweet rolls, and the sweet poppyseed sauce!

If you decide to make these, make sure and come back and tell me what your favorite creation was!

And, did your guests devour them like mine did? :)

What is your favorite dish that you’ll be making for the Super Bowl this weekend?

41 Responses to “Game Day Turkey, Pesto, Onion & Cheese Poppyseed Sliders”

Kim in MD — January 30, 2013 @ 5:28 am

How fun! The sliders look amazing, Sandy! I’ve never had that sandwich from Costco, but your version of it sure looks good! I am serving lots of our favorite appetizers for the Super Bowl, so it’s hard to pick just one. Have fun on Sunday!

Heather @ Heather's Dish — January 30, 2013 @ 6:31 am

We’ll definitely have some queso dip around here…but I may skip that and come to YOUR house instead! These sandwiches look CRAZY good!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — January 30, 2013 @ 8:24 am

Wow!! Just wow!!!! I love turkey and pesto – these look mouth watering!!

Kristin — January 30, 2013 @ 8:38 am

OMG! Those look so good!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — January 30, 2013 @ 8:52 am

These are so perfect for gameday. I love the pesto!!

Janell — January 30, 2013 @ 8:55 am

Yummo! My son’s birthday is on Super Bowl Sunday. His favorite sandwich is turkey/pesto. I’ll definitely be adding this recipe to our party! Thanks for the great idea!

Tara @ Unsophisticook — January 30, 2013 @ 8:59 am

Looks messy, but oh, so worth it. Hand me some napkins, please!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — January 30, 2013 @ 9:02 am

This is one awesome recipe, Sandy. I can almost taste it from here. These will definitely grace my kitchen and my guests at some point!

Amanda — January 30, 2013 @ 9:33 am

You just rocked my world on this one. I can not even wait to make these!

Kristin Schwartz — January 30, 2013 @ 10:27 am

I was lucky enough to be at this play-off party and let me say that these sliders are AMAZING!

Kirstin — January 30, 2013 @ 10:58 am

wow. Those look amazing. I’ll be making my hot layered taco dip and texas caviar

Bevy — January 30, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

Yes!! these are soo good. I have had this with ham… and love to make them. But, I’m going to have to try it with the Turkey and Pesto.

Great idea.

Aggie — January 30, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

Sandy these look amazing!! I can’t wait to make them at my next get together. So good, so easy!!

Our Super Bowl eats will probably be leftovers from L’s big 40th bash night before. Or pizza :)

Paula - bell'alimento — January 30, 2013 @ 1:38 pm

I love little baked sandwiches! So good.

Shari Kelley — January 30, 2013 @ 1:43 pm

These look amazing! I am putting in my “Try Soon” folder right now.

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 30, 2013 @ 2:26 pm

This looks like the best sandwich ever! My family would eat these every day!

Pam — January 30, 2013 @ 2:46 pm

These sound great. I make hot sliders with ham, cream cheese and strawberry jam.

bridget {bake at 350} — January 30, 2013 @ 3:54 pm

I want to watch football (and eat sliders) at YOUR house!!!

Erika — January 30, 2013 @ 4:02 pm

Holy Pesto! These look amazing..

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife — January 30, 2013 @ 4:43 pm

We will have a big array of things but my favorites are the Crab Cake Lollipops.

JulieD — January 30, 2013 @ 9:09 pm

These are so beautiful and epic, Sandy!!!

Jen @ Savory Simple — January 31, 2013 @ 6:42 am

These look fantastic!

Angie — January 31, 2013 @ 8:55 am

What a great idea! I love that you used an electric knife, makes it so easy!

peggy — February 1, 2013 @ 10:12 am

I made these last night. Your recepie was spot on and the sliders were out of this world. Thanks for sharing. I’ll be making these for our super bowl spread. Peggy

MK — February 5, 2013 @ 7:22 am

We make the ham sliders with soup all the time but we do the “sauce” a little differently…Dijon mustard + honey + poppy seeds. Thanks for sharing the turkey sliders recipe, can’t wait to try them!

gayle @ grace for gayle — February 19, 2013 @ 9:57 am

Ummmmmm holywow those look AMAZING. *drool*

​xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

Lea — April 27, 2013 @ 9:18 am

I made these last night for dinner and they were a big hit! So warm and gooey. In the future I think I might eliminate the sauce and mix the mustard and worchesterhire into the sautéed onion. It’s a lot of sweetness (and extra calories) especially since the Hawaiian rolls are already pretty sweet themselves. But oh, so good.

Kim Porter — June 14, 2013 @ 7:46 pm

OMGosh!!!!! These are the most incredibly easy to make sliders (yet are the most incredibly DELICIOUS sliders we’ve ever tasted)! Thank you so very much. Can’t wait to make these again on Father’s Day.

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek — October 15, 2013 @ 12:57 pm

It was great to meet you last week (in Iowa.) I’m just browsing your turkey recipes and this one looks GREAT!

Beth R — October 21, 2013 @ 11:51 am

Made these last night for THE big game (Colts vs. Broncos) and they were a hit! I have made the ham and cheese recipe before, we love pesto; gave it a try. They were very good. The sauce is sweeter than the other i have made. I will experiment further. I think I will try with cranberry sauce, a good way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers? Maybe with a Gruyere cheese? What about those new pretzel rolls, hmmm, endless possibilities!

Rebecca — October 29, 2013 @ 6:49 pm

I’ve made these twice now, and they were a hit both times!! They are so easy to put together and are the MOST delicious sliders we’ve had! Thank you for this recipe!

Patty B — January 1, 2014 @ 11:32 am

Thank you so much for an awesome recipe! I made these for New Years Eve and they were a delicious hit!

• Sandy Coughlin replied: — January 2nd, 2014 @ 10:33 am

They are always a big HIT for any party. Messy, but good! :)

Jane — January 12, 2014 @ 9:47 am

A question… do these poppy seed sliders have a sweet taste???

1. Pingback: 100 Best Super Bowl Party Recipes | the little kitchen

2. Pingback: This week really takes the cake | I Saw The Life

3. Pingback: Friday Favorites | Iowa Girl Eats

4. Pingback: Friday Links & Random Stuff - An Oregon Cottage

5. Pingback: Chicken Fajita Sizzling Salad | Iowa Girl Eats

6. Pingback: 70+ Appetizer Recipes to Make Any Party a Hit — Giving Up on Perfect

7. Pingback: New Year’s Day Ham, Pesto, Onion & Cheese Poppyseed Sliders | Reluctant Entertainer