EASY 4-Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Cake
This post may contain affiliate links.
This EASY 4-Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Cake recipe is moist, tasty, and the perfect holiday dessert, served with Vanilla Ice Cream! Watch the video!
This 4-Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Cake recipe is a great any-time of year cake to make. It’s perfect for any occasion, with easy ingredients to keep in your pantry, and everyone loves it. If you love chocolate, you’ve also got to try my Toffee Chocolate Bundt Cake!
And friends, I want to tell you about my new book out this year, Big Boards for Families! You can preorder it now!
How do I make a chocolate cake moist?
A super easy recipe that anyone can make, especially when you’re in a pinch with impromptu guests coming in 30 minutes, or you’ve forgotten you committed to bringing dessert to a party (do you ever do that?), today I’m sharing 7 reasons why I love this cake! And, how to make a “moist” chocolate cake!
4-ingredient chocolate cherry cake
All you need on hand is a chocolate cake mix, a can of pie cherries, eggs, and the secret ingredient … almond extract.
What makes the cake so moist is the can of pie cherries!
It’s the ultimate QUICK and tasty, moist chocolate birthday cake – ever! My sister’s touch is to add almond extract! (Good job, sis!)
7 reasons why I love this recipe:
1. Anyone can make it. Even a small child!
2. You can always have the ingredients stocked in the pantry.
3. Everyone loves it. Everyone!
4. You won’t go home with leftovers (if you bring to a party).
5. You won’t be tempted with leftovers (if the party is at your house).
6. Any kind of ice cream pairs well with this. We love vanilla!
7. If you don’t want to make a frosting, serve it with ice cream OR … a warm fudge topping!
How do you make a simple chocolate cake?
It’s also great to serve for any special occasion? Like Game Day or Valentine’s Day or Christmas — or family night or a potluck?
More easy chocolate desserts to try:
Irish Black and White Bread Pudding (yes, chocolate and white chocolate)
Cherry Berry Dump Cake [Crazy for Crust]
4-Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Cake
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 can 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes. If you want chunkier cherries, mix by hand.
- Pour batter into 9×13 sprayed pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- Frost with your favorite frosting, whipped cream, or serve with your favorite ice cream!
This post has affiliate links. Every purchase from these links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.