Canadian Bacon Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
This post may contain affiliate links.
These Camping Canadian Bacon Egg Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe are perfect for camping, or any quick and easy breakfast for the family!
This year I feel like I fell in love with the Oregon coast all over again. One thing I love about our VW Westfalia camper van is that we can pick up and go! This time we decided in only a couple of hours we’d join our cousins at Cannon Beach, Oregon.
Canadian Bacon Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
More about this trip and beauty, but also a new easy recipe! Camping Canadian Bacon Egg Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe! (Delicious any time of year, really!) And for dinner? These Caprese Chicken Foil Packs!
Camping for us does this: It makes us slow down, put away the social media, and shift our communication styles to being present, talking to each other (instead of texting), and getting to know our neighbors.
We drove through the Santiam Pass, on to Portland, Oregon, and pulled in to Cannon Bean at midnight, setting up our Westfalia in less than 10 minutes.
We crawled into bed and slept like a king and queen, only to wake up to this beauty as our neighbor!
The vintage camper of our dreams!
The color, the sweetness of a great sister who shared fresh herbs with us as a hospitality gift. (Have you ever thought of bringing camping hospitality gifts?)
Then it was tour time, of our neighbor’s van. When you own a camper van, it’s just what you do. You check out your neighbor’s, and praise them for the work they’ve done in restoration.
We set up camp in the morning (how intimate are these tiny picnic tables?) with Rosemary, our 1987 Westfalia (we’ve had her for over 10 years).
And of course, coffee is first in the morning. (Storyville Coffee French Press in a Hydroflask = great way to start the day.)
Camping Egg Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
A quick, easy breakfast for camping are these Canadian Bacon Egg Breakfast Sandwiches! The secret is in the sauce, a fresh lemony mayonnaise spread with paprika, which really completes the sandwich.
Canadian bacon, fresh tomatoes, and eggs (you can add cheese) stacked high on a crumpet (or English muffin).
We buy Trader Joe’s Crumpets, because they are light and doughy, and they toast up perfectly when you’re camping. You can buy a campstove toaster for $3-$5.
My friend, Jenny, gave us ours. Perfect for crumpets or any kind of toast. And make the sauce at home, so you can have breakfast on the table in less than 10 minutes!
A breakfast you can even share with a neighbor!
Off to the beach, where we explored for hours. The beauty of Haystack Rock, the starfish, a smile that left us wondering which little cherub lost his shoe.
Just sitting, and enjoying each other.
Meeting up later for the sunset, savoring the moments, investing in catching up with our St. Louis cousins.
The beach, camping, slowing down.
And it just does something for your soul, too. You come away refreshed, your spirit more quiet, and definately more in awe of God.
More camping recipes:
Canadian Bacon Egg Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 Trader Joe’s Crumpets – British Style, split and lightly toasted (or English Muffins)
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 12 Canadian bacon slices, I buy bulk at Costco and freeze
- 10 large eggs
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 ⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 ⁄4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cheese, optional
- Heat a camping stove to medium-high and toast the crumpets (or English muffins).
- Preheat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melting the butter. Add the Canadian bacon slices, and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the bacon slices from skillet, and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the eggs, and cook, without stirring, until the eggs start to set on bottom. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until desired degree of doneness. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and smoked paprika. Place one bacon slice on the toasted side of each of four muffin halves; top evenly with cooked eggs. Top each with one tomato slice, another bacon slice, and a dollop of lemon mayonnaise. Cover with the remaining muffin halves, and serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.