Creamy Lemon Curd Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy Lemon Curd Recipe is a popular condiment for afternoon tea, used in recipes where you would normally use jam or custard.
Oh, sweet Creamy Lemon Curd. Oh, wait … or is it tart/sweet Lemon Curd? That is what I love about a good Lemon Curd Recipe, the sweetness and the tartness. And served with a homemade biscuit or scone? Even better!
Creamy Lemon Curd Recipe
Today I’m sharing an easy recipe, for how to make your own Lemon Curd from scratch. Bam! And here’s a fun idea for summer entertaining: This Berry Mini Pavlova Dessert Platter.
This recipe from scratch is tart and sweet and creamy delicious!
Here are the easy ingredients for Lemon Curd
- Kosher salt
- Unsalted butter
What do you serve lemon curd with?
Lemon Curd is a classic recipe that goes well with ANY dessert or sweet breakfast dish (have you tried curd on buttermilk pancakes? Delish!) Once you make homemade curd and see how easy it is, you’ll never go back to store-bought!
It’s a lemon lover’s dream. It’s rich, smooth, and creamy, with a sweet-tangy kick. It’s perfect for filling in so many desserts, including layer cakes, cupcakes, tarts, and cheesecakes.
You can also use it to sandwich together cookies, meringues, or swirl it into whipped cream for a lemon-flavored topping.
We’ve had so much fun coming back together with friends and family this summer. I feel like we’ve been celebrating a lot. Celebrating everything. Celebrating friends moving, buying houses, birthdays, Taco Tuesday, taking advantage of the warm evenings, with potlucks and barbecues.
When we share time with each other in real life, it really does enrich our lives way beyond anything we could ever buy. Or even experience alone!
So today we’re celebrating the everyday with this Lemon Curd Recipe, which is perfect for sharing with a friend.
How to serve Lemon Curd
Build a fruit pizza base with a layer of Lemon Curd, or drizzle some on your toppings.
Serve in phyllo shells/tarts or on strawberry shortcake or pound cake.
Lemon Curd Recipe
- ½ c lemon juice, 3 large lemons
- 1 packed Tbsp lemon zest, from 2 lemons
- ½ c sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 small egg beaten, optional
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- In a double boiler, fill the bottom with a few inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce to a gentle simmer. In the top bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, salt, and egg yolks. Stir frequently so the egg yolks don’t curdle, 12-15 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon. The curd will continue to thicken off the heat. If the curd does not thicken within that time, increase the heat and give it 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, one pat at a time. Transfer to a jar, and press the top with a sheet of plastic wrap. Allow curd to cool before transferring and storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can also store the curd in the freezer for up to 6 months—just allow it to thaw completely before you’re ready to use.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.