Pickle de Gallo
Grab your favorite tortilla chips and dig into this deliciously different dip! Pickle de Gallo is a riff on pico de gallo, a Mexican chunky salsa-like snack. However, in this amped-up version, pickles are the star of the show! Sweet and garlicky pickles are mixed with crunchy veggies and a bit of heat, making every bite delicious and addictive! Easy to make and always loved, Pickle de Gallos is a must-try!
Crunchy, tangy, spicy, and popping with flavor, Pickle de Gallo is a dip, condiment, snack, topping, and more. It’s perfect with chips on a platter for game day, but it’s also delicious on top of hot dogs and burgers.
Pickle de Gallo
If you’re a pickle fan, then you’re going to flip for this dip! Sure, there’s some chopping involved, but every bite will be so worth the effort. Plus, you can make it a day or two in advance, so all you need to do is pull it out of the fridge, put out some chips and dig in!
The key to this dip is dicing the veggies all the same size. And you want to chop them fairly small so that you can get a big old scoop of goodness onto every chip.
You can also mix and match the pickles to create your own customized version. I like using a combination of dill pickles and sweet pickles but use what you have, and I’m sure it’ll be delicious!
Why I love this recipe
- It’s deliciously different! Everyone will rave about this unique recipe!
- This is a no-cook recipe, and it’s easy to make!
- It’s easy to customize with more or less jalapeno, garlic, sweetness, and more. See my tips below.
Gather these ingredients
- Dill pickles – Kosher style; diced.
- Sweet pickles – Diced.
- Red bell pepper – Diced.
- Yellow bell pepper – Diced.
- Red onion – Diced.
- Green onion – Sliced.
- Jalapeno – Seeds removed; finely diced.
- Garlic – Fresh cloves; minced.
- Cilantro – Chopped.
- Pickle juice – From the jar of dill pickles.
- Lemon juice
- Sugar – or honey.
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper – To taste.
- Roma tomatoes – Optional; diced.
How to make Pickle de Gallo
- Add the diced pickles, bell peppers, red and green onions, garlic, cilantro, pickle and lemon juice, sugar, and garlic powder to a medium-sized bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Season the Pickle de Gallo with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tomatoes and serve immediately, or omit the tomatoes until ready to serve. Tomatoes are optional.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips & substitutions
- Control the spice by adding more or less jalapeno. Remove the seeds and inner membrane for less spice, too. If you like it really spicy, add finely chopped serrano peppers instead of jalapenos.
- Mix up the pickles! Try it with a blend of garlicky, dilly, spicy or sweet pickles.
- Tomatoes are optional in this recipe. If you add them, add them just before serving because the acidity in the Pickle de Gallo recipe can change the texture of the tomatoes.
- Serve this dip with tortilla chips, or use it as a condiment on hot dogs, burgers, sausages, fajitas, and more.
This is such a fun dip to serve, and I love watching everyone get excited over it! I will often put out a bowl of tortilla chips with it for munching, but I have also added it to charcuterie boards or this fun-to-eat mini chicken tacos board. It’s also the perfect dip to take along when going tailgating or if you’re having a game day party. Or, add this dip to a condiment platter for your next cookout. This easy Tex-Mex dip is just that versatile and delicious!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Pickle de Gallo won’t freeze well; this dip is best eaten fresh.
Check out these awesome dip recipes while you’re here
Get the Recipe:
Pickle de GalloSweet, tangy, spicy, crunchy, and delicious, Pickle de Gallo is a flavor explosion! Perfect with chips or as a condiment, try it today!
- 1 cup kosher-style dill pickles, diced
- ½ cup sweet pickles, diced
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice brine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar, or honey
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup Roma tomatoes, diced
Calories: 29kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 0.3g, Saturated Fat: 0.05g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g, Sodium: 191mg, Potassium: 164mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 683IU, Vitamin C: 40mg, Calcium: 26mg, Iron: 0.3mg
- In a medium bowl, add all the ingredients. Gently mix together; salt and pepper to taste.
- If adding tomatoes, serve immediately, or within 1-2 hours.
- If you plan to serve it later (stores up to 3 days), then do NOT add the tomatoes until right before serving. Tomatoes are optional.
- Serve with your favorite crunchy, sturdy chips!
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...