Goat Cheese Log
Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese with Thyme Honey is an elegant goat cheese log appetizer to serve with your favorite crackers and grapes!
An appetizer that I love to serve, that is perfect for any season, is Walnut-Crusted Goat Cheese with Thyme Honey. We are big goat cheese fans, and also love this Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta appetizer!
This goat cheese log is the best “anytime” appetizer to make, and is a real crowd-pleaser. Serve with your favorite fruit (of the season) and crackers.
Why we love this recipe
- Easy to make and impressive
- Great to bring to a party
Ingredients to make a “goat cheese log”
All you need are these ingredients:
- Thyme sprigs
- Toasted walnuts
- Goat cheese
- Apples and grapes
How to make walnut crusted goat cheese log
- Cook the honey with the thyme, and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- To prepare the goat cheese, I toasted the walnuts in the microwave, and then chopped them on a paper towel.
- Roll the goat cheese in the walnuts.
- Drizzle with the flavored honey.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh-chopped thyme! And serve!
Set the table
We set the table on the front deck, another place I love to sit and enjoy the colors, the trees, the sounds, the wind through the aspens.
It’s the first year in a long time that I haven’t been shopping for “new” fall entertaining items. I have to say, with the move and all the sorting, I found some “new to me” treasures that I don’t think I’ve ever shown on my blog.
I bought this striped collection at World Market a year ago, and the gray dishes I’ve had for a couple of years (classic gray) from Target.
Because I want less stuff, it’s been fun going through my collections and using what I already have.
Tips and substitutions
- Replace the grapes with fruit in season.
- Swap out the walnuts for your favorite nuts: almonds, macadamia nuts, pecans, or even chopped pistachios.
- In place of apple, slice up a pear. Yum.
- Use an herb in season.
- If you’re not a goat cheese fan, you can also use feta cheese or cream cheese. The texture will be different.
- Also serve with favorite crackers.
More appetizers you may want to try:
Get the Recipe:
Goat Cheese Log
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup 3-inch-long thyme sprigs, plus leaves for garnish
- ¾ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 10.5 oz log goat cheese
- Crackers and apple slices and grapes, for serving
- In a small saucepan, bring the honey and thyme sprigs to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until the honey is infused with the thyme, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Scrape the honey from the thyme sprigs; discard the sprigs. Spread out the walnuts in an even layer on a cutting board.
- Carefully roll the cheese in the nuts, pressing to adhere. Transfer the cheese to a platter.
- Drizzle the cheese with the thyme honey, and garnish with the thyme leaves.
- Serve the cheese with the crackers and apple slices and grapes.
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...