Caprese Flatbread Pizza Recipe
A simple pizza, make a Caprese Flatbread Pizza Recipe for 4. Use fresh heirloom tomatoes, basil, and your favorite mozzarella, and balsamic glaze! On the table in 20 minutes!
Friends, we recently returned from another trip in our Sprinter van to the happiest place on earth. That would be Pacific City, Oregon on a sunny day, with our dog Alder the Whoodle!
Caprese Flatbread Pizza Recipe
But first, after a long day driving home, I knew what we were having for dinner that night.
I knew we had all the ingredients for this Caprese Flatbread Pizza Recipe, because I keep Trader Joe’s pizza crust in the freezer, and we stopped off at a farm stand and bought fresh basil and heirloom tomatoes. You may have already tried my Summer Fruit Caprese Salad, which is a great salad to make right now, with end-of-summer produce!
We love this pizza with thick BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella cheese slices!
The perfect end-of-summer treat!
Make your own Trader Joe’s pizza
Have you had Trader Joe’s pizza crust that comes pre-baked (package of 2), that you can either bake or grill? My new best friend :)
Add your favorite sauce (or not), cheese, and toppings, and bake. You can pull them from the oven frozen and defrost for about 10 minutes, then bake.
Ingredients for Caprese Pizza
For caprese pizza, we didn’t use a pizza sauce, but we spritzed with olive oil, then added the thick slices of BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella cheese.
Always for caprese you need the cheese, but also fresh basil and the freshest tomatoes you can find!
My friend, Brenda, makes Individual Tortilla Caprese Pizzas and they are DELISH!
Top with sea salt and balsamic glaze.
The perfect ending to a perfect day.
Alder the Whoodle’s first visit to the coast
Alder the Whoodle enjoyed his first time EVER at the Oregon coast.
He chased the ball for hours. [I love the sand on his tongue:)]
We had a glorious time with our daughter, who just graduated from college and met us at the beach.
Best sunsets ever. I plan to write a post on “what to do in Pacific City, Oregon” very soon!
Dinner in 20 minutes
Home for dinner at 7 pm.
Dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
Only 10 minutes to prepare, and then 10 minutes to bake the most delicious, end-of-summer treat.
I’d love to hear if you’ve made pizza with Trader Joe’s pre-baked crust, and what your favorite toppings are?
Get the Recipe:
Caprese Flatbread Pizza Serves 4
- 1 Trader Joe’s Pizza Crust, 15 oz pack, use 1 of the 2 crusts
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves, about 10-12 whole leaves
- 1/2 lb BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella, thick slices
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, red and yellow, thickly sliced
- Sea salt
- Balsamic glaze, we buy DeLallo brand
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a cookie sheet, lay 1 pizza crust and spritz with olive oil. [For a crisper crust, place directly on the oven rack.]
- Lay down the whole basil leaves on top of the crust.
- Next lay down the sliced tomatoes.
- On top of tomatoes, lay down the thick slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Add sea salt and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the pizza cool for 5 minutes. Add fresh chopped basil and balsamic glaze.
- Cut the pizza into 4 large squares and serve!