Super Moist Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
This most may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Super Moist Greek Yogurt Banana Bread is warm and delicious. Substitute the Greek yogurt for sour cream. Add a sprinkle of brown sugar on top!
Friends, I love this “easy stir” Super Moist Greek Yogurt Banana Bread recipe. It’s a spin on my BEST Sour Cream Banana Bread, instead using Greek yogurt, and a few other tips. Did you know that thousands of people make my Sour Cream Banana Bread recipe a day? It’s true–it’s that good!
Super Moist Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
This time of year I love baking, and especially these Greek Yogurt Banana Bread smaller loaves, because they are easy to give away. The perfect portion for banana-bread-giving!
Or, if you’re a true baker, bake this Sour Cream “Chocolate” Banana Cake–Abby’s amazing recipe.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
You can use 2-3 ripe bananas, and the obvioulsy if you use 3, the moister the bread. Two are good though, with a delicious banana flavor and not too dry! Also adding sour cream or Greek yogurt keeps the bread nice and moist.
And if you love banana bread as much as we do, you’ve got to try this Banana Bread Brioche French Toast rcipe!
Ingredients Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- Butter (always use real butter)
- Sugar + brown sugar
- Flour (many of my readers have used almond flour)
- Baking soda + salt + cinnamon
- Very ripe bananas (the riper, the better)
- Plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla)
- Walnuts (or fave nuts – optional)
Best banana bread tips
- The riper the bananas are, the better the flavor for this banana bread. We let ripe bananas sit out on the counter, and then pop them in the fridge (to preserve them awhile longer) for baking. There’s never a too-ripe banana!
- Always use real butter!
- Some of my readers have substituted the all-purpose flour for almond flour, but we have not tried this yet.
- You can swap out the Greek yogurt for sour cream, like I did in this recipe. You can also use plain Greek yogurt or vanilla Greek yogurt.
- Nuts are totally optional. We love walnuts, pecans, and hazelnuts for banana bread.
- Don’t overmix the batter!
Brown sugar topping
The topping is simple: Just add a couple tablespoons of brown sugar for the topping. Easy!
Bake and serve.
Or, bake and give away.
How to serve Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Serve with jam or honey!
Or, serve it on THE BIG BOARD!
How to make banana bread
- Grease and flour one 9-inch loaf pan (or 3 small ones) 3/4 full of batter.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and then the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the Greek yogurt, bananas, and vanilla and gently mix.
- Pour into prepared pans about 3/4 full. We like to use the 3 small pans.
- Sprinkle each pan with brown sugar.
- Bake and cool, turning the loaves onto a rack.
More banana bread recipes to try:
Best Banana Bread with a drizzle
Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- ½ cup butter, softened, (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas, 2-3
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, or vanilla
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 6 Tbsp. brown sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9-inch loaf pan (or 3 small ones). Pan should be 3/4 full of batter.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; combine with the butter mixture.
- Add the yogurt, bananas, and vanilla; stir well.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn the loaf out onto a rack.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.