Lemon Ginger Smoothie Recipe with Kitchen “Open Shelving”
This Lemon Ginger Smoothie Recipe is the perfect midsummer’s day pick-me-up, snack, or energy boost, made with tons of veggies and fruit.
Friends, with our recent kitchen transformation, a comment from a reader caught my eye. Though we’ve finished our kitchen (except the lighting), I’ve yet to show you our beautiful open shelving. I SO love it.
You either love it or you hate it, I have found out.
I love it for drinking glasses (turned upside down, to keep the dust and bugs out), because it’s just easy access for our family and guests. It sort of says … in your face … help yourself!
I like that.
That’s the way it should be, to help people feel at home.
I also have large cake stands that are on top of my cabinets, because I don’t have cabinet space for them. :)
Lemon Ginger Smoothie Recipe
Reaching for a large drinking glass the other night, my daughter made her delicious, healthy smoothie. Actually she makes these most days.
Speaking of “make yourself at home,” Abby has had quite a few guests this summer. Our home has a revolving door for her friends. Paul and I have been gracious and loving, because we know that we pulled our kids away from their “childhood home” when we decided to move here.
This smoothie is a favorite of Abby’s, and it is a perfect energy-boosting smoothie that combines vegetables, fruits, and spices. The celery, cucumber, lemon, and ginger make this smoothie incredibly refreshing!
Perfect as a midsummer’s day pick-me-up. (Or, leftovers on a hike.)
I love this recipe, because it has a lot of LOVE, a kick of spice, and everything nice (everything that is good for you).
By the way, my daughter is awesome in the kitchen. She’s had guest after guest this summer, and I just love how they’re all served breakfast, and she makes a healthy lunch or dinner as well. She’s learned the gift of hospitality, and it warms my heart!
If you had it to do over, would you design a kitchen with open shelving? Or stick with traditional cabinets with doors?
Lemon Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 pink lady, fuji, or honey crisp apple, with peel
- 1 stick celery
- 1 large leaf rainbow chard
- 1/2 c. spinach
- 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 inch chunk fresh peeled ginger (peel it with a spoon!)
- 1/2 chunk of fresh turmeric (also peel with a spoon!) (1/2 tsp ground turmeric works as well)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. hemp heart
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 c. frozen blueberry
- 1/2 c. frozen mango
- 1/2 c. frozen strawberry
- 1/2 c. ice
- High powered blenders like Vitamins are best for smoothies with whole fruits and veggies, but worry not if you don’t have one! Just chop the ingredients up into finer pieces for easier blending.
- If you don’t think you’ll finish three 12. oz glasses, divide ingredients by half for a smaller serving OR place extra in the fridge and blend with ice the next day! (I took a picture of it in a bottle that can go in the fridge).
- In addition, feel free to sub some ingredients out, or add your own favorite fruits and veggies.
More of Abby’s recipes: