Best Pumpkin Hummus Recipe (Video)
This post may contain affiliate links.
Enjoy a Pumpkin Hummus Recipe for fall snacks! Serve on a board, or with crackers, veggies, pita bread, pretzels—anything you love to dip!
Oh, fall! There are just so many reasons to love the season—where to even begin? Let’s start off with this amazing Best Pumpkin Hummus Recipe! Serve it on this Roasted Cruidite Veggie Platter! So good!
Best Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
I think of how food draws out good conversation. How it connects us, through nourishment and the loving hands that prepared the meal, and how we learn to embrace the company of one another.
Let’s start with an appetizer! The first “dish” that binds us together when we have guests over. And this Pumpkin Hummus Recipe is so easy! Make ahead and keep chilled in the fridge!
Ingredients for Best Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
For this recipe? Just add pumpkin!
- A can of chickpeas
- Pumpkin puree
- Chipotle chiles in adobo
- Kosher salt + ground cumin + coriander
- Fresh lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- Fresh rosemary
Take it a step further. Boards really do create a fun conversation—they are casual, beautiful, and always create a conversation. This Pumpkin Hummus is delish served on a crudite or a board (like this Ultimate Classic Hummus Board).
Traditional hummus recipe
To make traditional hummus, you’ll just combine chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth. This creates the base recipe, and then you can add other flavors for a more unique hummus recipe.
Ways To Eat Hummus
While we love this Pumpkin Hummus recipe, served on THE BIG BOARD, you can also use hummus in cooking.
Here are a few of our favorite ways (find more hummus inspiration here):
- Slather it on toast with some sliced cucumber
- Use it as a dressing in salad (thin it down with olive oil)
- Add it to meal prep for a Mediterranean lunch (hummus, veggies, cheese cubes, almonds, pita)
- Scramble it for an egg breakfast (so good with bacon or sausage)
- Drizzle it on pita sandwiches for an easy dinner
- Layer Mediterranean roasted vegetables on top
How to make hummus
- Choose a flavor you would like to make.
- Add the base ingredients plus the flavor makers to a food processor.
- Blitz until smooth and creamy, adding a dash of chickpea juice as needed, and the pumpkin, to achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
For best texture, let cool in the fridge for an hour before eating.
We love to drizzle with olive oil right before serving, and for this season, add a sprinkle of pomegranate or roasted pumpkin seeds. Don’t forget the freshly chopped rosemary for a garnish!
Stores refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Fall Appetziers round-up
Here, we’ve rounded up a few of our very favorite fall appetizers, so you can remind yourself of the best that the season has to offer.
Today, on this blessed quiet September morning, I take stock. Of the sounds, the smell of the forest where we live, the stunning colors, company coming for dinner tonight. I must say how much I adore the fall season. Many of the days we are still able to eat outside, or on our front cozy deck.
Speaking of fall, I was recently featured in a post on hospitality in this Fall Dayspring Magazine (if you want to pick up a copy).
Happy last day of September!
Best Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, or 1 ½ cups cooked
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, plus adobo sauce, to taste (optional)
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus more for top drizzle
- Roasted, salted pumpkin seeds, to top
- Rosemary, finely chopped (sprinkle on top)
- Peel the garlic clove. Place it in the food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the food processor, along with the pumpkin puree, tahini, chipotle chiles in adobo (optional), salt, cumin, coriander, lemon juice, maple syrup and 2 tsp. olive oil. Blend together.
- Place in a bowl in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Scrape into a serving bowl, and swirl the top using the back of the spoon, drizzling olive oil over the hummus. Sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds and serve with your favorite crackers, veggies, and bread.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.