A Casual Sunday Get-Together and Goat Cheese, Honey Crisp Apples, Honey & Rosemary Thins
I really don’t mind casual get-togethers, because they take the pressure off of “perfect” and formal.
Last Sunday was a perfect example, when another family came to spend time with our family. We all sat together at the dinner table – my favorite part of entertaining when it involves the all the kids at the adult table, too.
I made these easy appetizers – a total HIT for holiday entertaining!
Goat Cheese, Honey Crisp Apples, Honey & Rosemary Thins. Mm-m-m-m …
My friend brought the salad.
Everything out on the counter. The menu? Buffet-style chili, salad, and crunchy bread. Goodness gracious!
Glasses out – help yourself drinks.
A little piano playing (love the iPad – no music).
What to wear? Casual, casual, casual! :)
And the best time catching up with very good friends.
How do you feel about “casual,” especially this time of year?
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk or cream
- 2 honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 2-4 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup glazed walnuts or toasted almonds
- Fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Toasted baguette slices or thin crackers
- Place goat cheese in a large small mixing bowl. Add in the cream or milk; stir so it’s easy to spread on bread or crackers.
- Lay crackers or toasted baguette slices on a platter. Spread the cheese mixture on top.
- Layer thinly sliced apple on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle the cheese mixture with honey.
- Lightly sprinkle the nuts on top (they will stick to the honey).
- Toss the finely chopped rosemary over the appetizers; serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
If you’re getting organized and ready to set up your holiday buffet, here’s a post I wrote on how to do it in a “small space.”