Pretzel Cheese Dip
Thick, creamy, and loaded with three kinds of cheese, Pretzel Cheese Dip is the perfect dip for dunking. It’s easy to make, and with layers of flavor from the bacon (yes, bacon!), cheese, and a touch of spice, it’s the perfect dip on game day or anytime you need a shareable snack that everyone will love!
Pretzels and cheese are a match made in heaven, and this Pretzel Cheese Dip is just about as creamy, cheesy, and delicious as it gets! It’s an easy dip to make, and unlike some other dips, this one is chilled, so all you need to do is grab it from the fridge and serve!
Pretzel Cheese Dip
This is a great recipe. There are no hard to find ingredients in it, and aside from cooking and crumbling some bacon, there’s no cooking involved. It’s also the kind of recipe that tastes better after having some time to let the flavors develop, so don’t be afraid to mix this dip up a few hours – or even a day – in advance.
Pretzel Cheese Dip has cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, and Gruyere cheese in it, so it’s pretty cheesy! You can switch up the cheeses; see my suggestions below on how to do that.
Mix the ingredients, pop it into the fridge for a few hours or serve it right away, and put out some of your favorite dippers and get dunking into this easy and delicious Pretzel Cheese Dip!
Why I love this recipe
- There’s hardly any cooking (just need to fry and crumble bacon), and you can make it ahead of time.
- It’s easy to customize with your favorite blend of cheeses or to make it a bit spicier.
- This Pretzel Cheese Dip is great with pretzels, of course, but also chips, crackers, and all your favorite dippers!
Gather these ingredients
- Cream cheese – Softened.
- Heavy whipping cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce – Like Tabasco or use your favorite brand.
- Salt and pepper – To taste.
- Garlic powder
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Gruyere cheese – Shredded.
- Bacon – Cooked and crumbled.
- Green onions – White and green parts; sliced.
How to make Pretzel Cheese Dip
- Put the softened cream cheese, whipping cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, horseradish, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Using a hand mixer or wooden spoon, mix the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add the shredded cheese and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and most of the green onion – save some green onion to garnish the dip. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stirring it in.
- Top with the remaining green onion, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips & substitutions
- Taste the dip before adding more salt and pepper. Cheese is fairly salty, and you don’t want to oversalt your dip. For the best seasoning, taste the dip on a pretzel rod or whatever you’ll be serving with the dip and adjust the seasoning from that taste.
- Add more hot sauce if you like your Pretzel Cheese Dip a bit spicier.
- For a more mellow-flavored cheese dip, use mozzarella or Monterey Jack in place of the gruyere.
- Try this dip with pepper Jack cheese for more spice or smoked cheddar for a smoky flavor.
- You can make this dip up to 1-2 days in advance.
Wondering what to dip into your Pretzel Cheese Dip? I love putting out an assortment of dippers, including pretzel crackers, rods, and twists. You could also put out soft pretzels or potato chips. For those looking for a low-carb Pretzel Cheese Dip dunking experience, offer celery sticks, jicama sticks, or bell pepper slices.
Store any leftover Pretzel Cheese Dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. This dish won’t freeze well – it is best eaten fresh.
Check out these awesome dip recipes while you’re here
Get the Recipe:
Pretzel Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce, Tabasco
- 1 tsp horseradish
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, use Mozzarella for a lighter flavor
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- Add the softened cream cheese to a medium size bowl. Add in the whipping cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, hot sauce, horseradish, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Next, add in the shredded cheeses and mix well.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and green onions (leave out a little for the garnish), until combined.
- Sprinkle the top with bacon crumbles and green onion. Cover and refrigerate before serving.
- Wavy Potato Chips on one side
- Pretzel chips on the other side
- Fill in with pretzel rods (sticks)
Hello and welcome to my home and table!
I’m Sandy—lover of food, family, cooking, THE BIG BOARD, travel, and bringing people together. Through great recipes and connection around the table, we become better, stronger, and more courageous people. Feasting on Life is real, and every time we do it, we grow a little more. Read more...