Super easy breakfast or dinner, baked into a delicious Puffed Peach Bake Pancake, served with syrup, applesauce, jelly or jam.
Friends, especially young mamas who read my blog, or find me in a google search, I want to introduce you to a fabulous Instagram account called Raising Whole Families. I love following Hannah, who is a mama to 4 young adorable kids (yes, I’ve met them, and I wanted to eat them up!), because she gives the best ideas for healthy cooking, and raising kids! I just love how we can use social media for good, and Hannah has done this, in such a healthy and pretty way. Of course, she has good role models, as her parents own a raw juice bar back in my home town.
Awhile back, I was inspired by Hannah’s words and the breakfast she cooked for her kiddos, made with fresh apples.
Puffed Peach Bake Pancake
So I adapted the recipe with fresh peaches and whole wheat flour.
Get ready to dive in.
And serve with Marionberry preserves … oh, yum!
Did you know that Costco carries this jam, that has half the sugar content of regular jam?
After recently touring Empire Farms, outside of Portland, Oregon, I’m a little biased after spending time with these amazing people, and tasting all of their wonderful treats.
I will say, this jam is our family’s favorite now.
And perfect served on this Puffed Peach Bake Pancake (also delicious to serve to summer guests).
Hannah says, “I love this breakfast because it’s easy, & is a way to get some extra protein in the kids without them realizing it. I often double the recipe or add an extra egg or two.”
Life is short, friends.
Eat good food!
Puffed Peach Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Double the recipe if you have a large skillet!
- 3-4 ripe peaches, skinned and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup butter (4 Tbsp.)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream (I used Greek Yogurt)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In medium/large cast iron skillet, sauté 4 peaches in 4 Tbsp. butter, 2 tsp. cinnamon & a dash of nutmeg.
- Meanwhile, blend 3 eggs, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1 Tbsp. sour cream or plain yogurt & 1 tsp. vanilla in blender.
- Pour egg batter over peaches and place skillet in preheated oven for 20 mins. Serve with butter & applesauce, or jam, or whipped cream!