How to Make an Epic Charcuterie Board (video!)
This post may contain affiliate links.
What is a charcuterie board? An Epic Charcuterie Board is filled with cured meats, cheese, veggies, nuts, olives, dried fruits, and crackers!
Friends, everyone asks, what is a charcutier board? Whether for dinner for the family, or an appetizer for a party, we are all about “charcuteries” here on RE! I share many ideas to inspire you to dive in and to make your own charcuterie.
Visit my The Big Board page for lots of recipes and entertaining ideas, and to BUY THE BIG BOARD in 3 amazing sizes!
Epic Charcuterie Board
GREAT NEWS: I now have my own line of boards for sale with epic 3 sizes!
- With a lip, so the food doesn’t fall off
- Food safe
- Made in the USA by the wood craftsmen at JK Adams
We are working out the details for sales in Canada, Holland, France, Ireland, Australia … Thank you for your patience, and thank you all for contacting me!
How to Make a Charcuterie Board
Essentially, charcuterie means cured meats (or the process of curing).
There are no hard rules for making a charcuterie. Make it your own, change it up, think outside the box! That is what makes charcuteries so interesting and fun; they are always different.
What goes on a Charcuterie Board?
But first, we hosted several parties over the holidays, and today I’m showing you How to Make an Epic Charcuterie Board! (A smaller version, visit my Meat, Cheese and Olive Charcuterie Board recipe.)
These foods typically go on a charcuterie board:
- Cured meats
- Dried Fruit
- Crackers or baguette bread
- Jelly or jam
How do you say charcuterie board?
The Big Board
The Reluctant Entertainer epic BIG BOARD is finally here! And in 2 great sizes!
Buy the board, HERE.
- 20-inch round for smaller gatherings
- 26-inch round for larger get-togethers with family and friends
- 12×36 NEW rectngular size
All sizes come with all-important raised lip with undercut handles.
FOOD SAFE FINISH!
Every board comes with my RE logo on the back!
How to arrange a charcuterie board
- Set on it with 3-4 small bowls of olive oil; add the dipping spices!
- Fill in the spaces with meats, cheeses, vegetables, crackers, figs, olives, and nuts.
- Don’t forget the diffent flavors of bruschetta.
- Baguette slices and crostini crackers!
There is not always one way to do something, as life is constantly changing and shifting.
Building boards are a little like that. No board is ever the same.
Make it your own, use what you have. And never apologize for a culinary mistake.
Enjoy bringing people together with great food, and I think you’ll be surprised how casual and easy it is to serve a charcuterie board.
Kid Friendly Charcuterie [Love from the Oven], Seafood Entertaining Charcuterie [RE], Tortellini Sausge Skewer Appetizer [RE]. Also my popular Chocolate Cheese Board. Grab all of my THE BIG BOARD ideas!
How to Make an Epic Charcuterie Board
- 1 jar Italian Olive Bruschetta
- 1 jar Italian Roasted Pepper Bruschett
- 1 jar Italian Garden Vegetable Bruschetta
- Red Wine Salami, sliced
- Black Pepper Dry Cured Sausage, sliced
- Italian Herb Dry Cured Sausage, sliced
- Sweet Casalingo Dry Cured Sausage, sliced
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Soft cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for dipping
- Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Seasoning Spices
- Garlic Pepper & Tomato Seasoning Spices
- Crostini Original (bread or crackers)
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Seasoning Spices
- Rosemary & Garlic Seasoning Spices
- Baguette Bread
- Veggies and miscellaneous crackers
- Figs, sliced
- Prepare board with parchment paper if not food safe. You can also use beeswax and mineral oil to season the board.
- Slice meats, and place on the board with cheeses.
- Wash and dry fruits and vegetables; thinly slice.
- Place small bowls on your board and fill with olives, nuts and bruschetta (or any other favorite dips).
- Lay down 3-4 flatter small dishes and fill with olive oil; sprinkle with DeLallo Foods dipping spices.
- Place meats, cheeses, sliced baguette and crackers around the board.
- Lay fruits and vegetables around the board.
- Fill in blank spots with salami pieces folded in quarters.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.