How to Make an Epic Charcuterie Board (video!)
This post may contain affiliate links.
What is a charcuterie board? This Epic Charcuterie Board is filled with cured meats, cheeses, veggies, nuts, olives, dried fruits, crackers, and more!
Friends, everyone asks, what is a charcutier board? Whether for dinner for the family, or an appetizer for a party, we are all about “charcuteries” here on RE! Here are a ton of ideas to inspire you to dive in and make your own charcuterie. Visit my The Big Board page for lots of recipes!
How to Make an Epic Charcuterie Board
Essentially, charcuterie means cured meats (or the process of curing).
This post is all about how to make a charcuterie, with a video included! First off, there are no hard rules for making a charcuterie. Make it your own, change it up, think outside the box! That is what makes charcuteries so interesting and fun, they are always different.
What goes on a Charcuterie Board?
But first, we hosted several parties over the holidays, and today I’m showing you How to Make an Epic Charcuterie Board! (A smaller version, visit my Meat, Cheese and Olive Charcuterie Board recipe.)
These foods typically go on a charcuterie board:
- Cured meats
- Dried Fruit
- Crackers or baguette bread
- Jelly or jam
Best Charcuterie Boards to buy
Go to this page to find the Best Charcuterie Boards to Buy! Some of the boards have a lip, some do not. Some are round, epic, and rectangular.
How to arrange a charcuterie board
- Set on it with 3-4 small bowls of olive oil; add the dipping spices!
- Fill in the spaces with meats, cheeses, vegetables, crackers, figs, olives, and nuts.
- Don’t forget the diffent flavors of bruschetta.
- Baguette slices and crostini crackers!
Christmas was magical for our family. First of all, the best gift is being together.
The next best gift is making new memories. And sometimes throwing in a tradition or two.
One thing we did the week of Christmas was take the kids to see the movie, Wonder. It’s a must-see movie for everyone, all ages!
We went to church and loved the message that our Pastor Pete gave. I took away this beautiful quote from CK Chesterton:
“Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.” ― G.K. Chesterton
Then after much delicious foods and movies and naps …
Laughter, gifts, and family walks.
We enjoyed the quiet and beauty of snow, ending with a gorgeous sunset.
For New Year’s, this Epic Charcuterie Board will mean you are making the best appetizer for your guests or party this year!
Kid Friendly Charcuterie [Love from the Oven], Seafood Entertaining Charcuterie [RE], Tortellini Sausge Skewer Appetizer [RE]. Also my popular Chocolate Cheese Board. Grab all of my THE BIG BOARD ideas!
How to Make an Epic Charcuterie Board
- 1 jar Italian Olive Bruschetta
- 1 jar Italian Roasted Pepper Bruschett
- 1 jar Italian Garden Vegetable Bruschetta
- Red Wine Salami, sliced
- Black Pepper Dry Cured Sausage, sliced
- Italian Herb Dry Cured Sausage, sliced
- Sweet Casalingo Dry Cured Sausage, sliced
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Soft cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for dipping
- Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Seasoning Spices
- Garlic Pepper & Tomato Seasoning Spices
- Crostini Original (bread or crackers)
- Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Seasoning Spices
- Rosemary & Garlic Seasoning Spices
- Baguette Bread
- Veggies and miscellaneous crackers
- Figs, sliced
- Prepare board with parchment paper if not food safe. You can also use beeswax and mineral oil to season the board.
- Slice meats, and place on the board with cheeses.
- Wash and dry fruits and vegetables; thinly slice.
- Place small bowls on your board and fill with olives, nuts and bruschetta (or any other favorite dips).
- Lay down 3-4 flatter small dishes and fill with olive oil; sprinkle with DeLallo Foods dipping spices.
- Place meats, cheeses, sliced baguette and crackers around the board.
- Lay fruits and vegetables around the board.
- Fill in blank spots with salami pieces folded in quarters.
This post has affiliate links. Every purchase from these links supports RE at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.